BootsnAll Travel Network



Lazy in Nairobi

Ok, so maybe I was a little more exhausted than I thought. After taking a walk this morning and stopping for a Fanta I headed back to my hotel and laid down to read my guide book for Ethiopia. I eventually past out and slept for 7 hours. I hope I can still get to sleep tonight because tomorrow is another big day.

I feel a bit guilty about coming back on to the internet tonight but Nairobi isn’t the safest place for me to be walking around at night by myself. After this I’ll find a place to eat. I saw a Taco place near my hotel that had the exact same symbol as the one at home but definitely was not Taco Bell.

Just thought i’d add that before I headed out!
There is appaerently a Hooters in Nairobi so maybe I’ll be REALLY adventerous and different and go get some wings and a pitcher of beer then watch some football. There should be some matches on tonight.

UPDATE:

Just wanted to say I had the strangest moment sitting here in the internet cafe. It was all quiet and there is one other guy in here with me aside from the 2 women working the counter. Suddenly the radio turns on and they are blasting country music. Randy Travis “Forever and Ever Amen” to be specific.They were singing along too.

The kid next to me is on myspace music listening to Nickleback songs.

UPDATE#2:

I didn’t grab a picture of it myself but this is pure comedy gold. I found an image someone took of the taco place I was talking about. It says “TACO CLUB” and then has the Taco Bell … BELL. It doesn’t make any sense at all… why even steal the bell? Ahh, awesome.

fyi, check the address location for the website of the person I took this image from, just want to give credit



Tags: ,

7 responses to “Lazy in Nairobi”

  1. feel says:

    Ahhhh… bootleg restaurants!!! I am jealous beyond words

    (no not add a sarcastic tone to this in your head, as it was not sarcastic)

  2. BillE says:

    Alright! It’s under way! I’ll be watching!

  3. John says:

    Glad to hear the flight didn’t end in Detroit. Be safe on your to Addis Ababa. Watch out for his forty thieves. Considering what Taco Bell does to my stomach here I wouldn’t be a member of the Taco Club. Have fun!!

  4. Eddie says:

    Good Job says I. I am glad you made it sir, and may your adventures be adventurous

  5. Anne says:

    Happy New Year Joey! I always enjoy reading your blogs about your travels. Keep em coming!

    Be safe & Happy Travels!

  6. Kristen says:

    Hey Joey,

    Glad to hear you made it safely to the other side of the world! Have fun…

    Kristen

  7. Brookie says:

    Ah yes the good ole Taco Club. You should open a Taco Club when you get back in the states 😛 Glad you are enjoying yourself and are being safe! Can’t wait to hear more 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *