BootsnAll Travel Network



Don’t Stop Me Now

Freddie Mecury was… IS the front man of Queen. The band currently has a new lead singer but it isn’t the same. Unfortunately, it took me well into my 20’s to actually begin appreciating the musical talent that he actually is. There has been no better front man and quite possibly one of the most powerful and controlling voices in all of music. I have my good friend’s J and Brooke to thank for really turning me on to Queen’s music. I remember the death of Freddie Mecury only has an MTV news story and my only exposure to the music was Bohemian Rhapsody made famous for the 2nd time from the car scene in Wayne’s World.

Freddie tragically died in 1991 from AIDS. He was born in 1946 in Stone Town on the Island of Zanzibar where I am currently located. I didn’t know of his birth here till a few months before I left and I actually still haven’t found the cafe which used to be the house he was born in. However, Daisy and I went to Mecury’s which is a restaurant dedicated to him on near the port. The menu consists of just about everything from buffalo wings to king prawn’s and other assorted seafood. The drink list is hilariously dedicated to him with such cocktails as Freddie’s Baba, Fat Bottomed Girl, Bohemian Rhapsody and a few others.

This is a photo of my Fat Bottomed Girl on the right. Kalhua, Bailey’s Irish Cream and Milk. It was pretty tasty but I could only drink one. Daisy had a caiprinha which is a brazilian drink (left).

There were lots of photos on the wall of various Queen concerts. Here is one photo of Freddie Mecury.

Today we got some more errands done. I finally sent out my first round of postcards today. I have a lot to send out so I did not get to everyone that I said I would yet. If you don’t get one in the next couple of weeks don’t worry you WILL eventually.



Tags: , ,

-4 responses to “Don’t Stop Me Now”

  1. ash says:

    That is awesome! He trully was amazing. 🙂

  2. BillE says:

    What?! No Jaeger?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *