BootsnAll Travel Network



Disaster Zone

The Thai government has declared Chiang Mai a disaster zone. Due to the burning fields near the border with Burma and Laos a thick haze crept into the valley that Chiang Mai sits in and has engulfed the city with smog and pollution. Thousands of people have checked into the local hospitals and a good portion of the population wear masks right now. I am going to the pharmacy in a few minutes to pick one up myself. It has cleared out for the most part but breathing is still difficult. I have been having a hard timing getting out of bed in the morning and my bones have been achy but I thought that was just due to a poor sleeping schedule. I wouldn’t be surprised if I am suffering from a bit of fatigue. I have been sneezing a lot and developed a bit of a runny nose. Overall I don’t feel too bad but it is just tiny little annoyances that have gradually gotten worse and noticable.

The government has been sending the airforce over the city to dump water in order to cleanse it but I am not sure that is working. The only thing that will help is a strong wind or front to push the dirty air out.



Tags: , ,

-1 responses to “Disaster Zone”

  1. RIGA says:

    DUDE……HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO GO ON A TRIP, WE JUST BEAT YOU W/ BASEBALL BATS FOR 20 MINUTES…….YOU WILL HAVE LESS SCARS AND PROABLY WONT FEEL SICK……….

  2. Paula says:

    I agree with Riga! You should go somewhere safe like Busch Gardens! haha!- please take care of yourself. BTW-cute GF-you done good! 🙂

  3. marie says:

    HA HA BUSCH GARDENS.. HEY JOEY IM GLAD YOUR OK.. ALL THE ANNOYANCES YOU EXPERIENCE IS MAKING YOU A MORE ROUNDED PERSON. I HOPE YOUR HAVING A BLAST!

    P.S. SORRY FOR THE CAPS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *