BootsnAll Travel Network



Budgeting is harder than getting shots

I just got back from the doctor. I am fully immune from both Hepatitus A & B. My doctor gave me the prescription for Doxycycline (Malaria pills) I called the Health Department and got the prices for Typhoid and Yellow Fever and it came out to much less than I expected so that is a good thing…

Ok, so i’m officially stressed over my budget for this trip. I think unnecessarily too. I guess I have a fear that i’m going to be stuck somewhere without a way home or that i’ll have to sleep on rocks when I run out of money or even worse, have to come home with no car and no money and have to start from scratch. I’m way over-budgeting though. I guess in the long run it is a good thing because in reality I won’t spend it all and I know that, but it gives me headaches. So what I think i’m going to do is try and cut my per day budget down to $40/day from $60/day. $60/day for SE Asia and East Africa is absurdly high since i’m sure there will be many days where i’ll get by on as low as $15-25. If I can relax a bit about money maybe I can enjoy these months leading up to the trip because with the situation with my car and saving money i’m going to go crazy.

The last thing I want is to come home completely broke and I have to keep reminding myself that it will be really difficult to have that happen even if I live in luxury for the entire time on my trip.



Tags:

One response to “Budgeting is harder than getting shots”

  1. daisy says:

    yes, UNNECESSARILY SO! 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *