BootsnAll Travel Network



Beer & Pizza Review 5.1

Ok, this is not a full review because I’m still in Thailand but I have to talk about the pizza I had last night and tonight here in Chiang Mai. Yes I had pizza 2 nights in a row. With a big trip ahead of me tomorrow I didn’t want to take any risks.

I was walking down the street last night looking for a place to eat and a sign pointing in towards a collection of bars said “Danny’s Pizza & Fast Food: Thin Crust Italian Style” I thought, hmmm… they know enough to call attention to thin crust so maybe it is worth a shot. I put in my order for a 9″ pizza with cheese only. In a few minutes it was out. First reason this place was so good was that when I asked for garlic powder they actually brought some out. No other place on my trip has been able to offer me that and I never realized how much I missed the stuff till I was never able to find it. I poured it all over my pizza and began to go to work. It was gone in the matter of minutes. This pizza worked because it was simple. A lot of places try too hard to go for the big Sicilian style or Pizza Hut style and they fail. The bread, the sauce and the cheese all good taste and none were overpowering which is another flaw with pizza sometimes. The crust was actually thin which has been advertised before but never perfected.

My only gripe with Danny’s or soon to be called Mo’s, is that it advertises pizza by the slice but does not actually offer it. Oh well, I can still say without a doubt this was the best pizza I have had during my 4 months on the road.

I asked to speak to the owner and surprisingly it was not Danny but rather a fairly young Thai girl who purchased it from Danny about a month ago. I was actually curious as to what nationality Danny was since the pizza was so good. I was disappointed to hear that he was not American but rather Australian. Oh well, great pizza none-the-less.

Look for the sign that says “Mo’s Pizza” in about a week.



Tags: , ,

-3 responses to “Beer & Pizza Review 5.1”

  1. daisy says:

    dork. 😛

  2. Rcon says:

    I better have a bite of that delicious pizza when I get there. Lol.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *