BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m A-Lao’d in Laos

My passport was returned yesterday with my Laos visa inside so I am officially allowed in the country. I don’t leave till Tuesday morning so it is going to be one last night of partying in Thailand. Tuesday, or May 1st is Labor Day here and it is celebrated in much of the same fashion as the United States. A day off with nothing important to do except relax and eat.

The weather has been strange lately. South East Asia is entering the monsoon season so the winds pick up at night and the rain comes on strong and sudden. The temperature in Chiang Mai the last few days has exceeded 100 degrees topping out at 107. I laid out in the sun today for no more than 20 minutes and I am red. The weather in Laos is supposed to be a bit milder but probably not much.

I will probably report back once I arrive in Laos. The journey will take a full 2 days of travel by bus and slow boat on the Mekong River. I have to stay one night in a small trading village along the banks of the river before continuing on to the main city.



Tags: , , , ,

0 responses to “I’m A-Lao’d in Laos”

  1. Paula says:

    Have a great and I’m sure comfortable trip-hee hee. Take care & miss ya!

  2. marie says:

    enjoy yourself and wear sunscreen! miss you!

  3. Anne says:

    Just checking in and wanted to say hello… I hope Laos is everything you’ve been looking forward to. Have fun!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *