BootsnAll Travel Network



Beer & Pizza Review #2

Ok, I am at an internet cafe avoiding a seedy hotel that I was forced to stay the night in. The scary thing is that my Lonely Planet guide has this place as the #2 budget spot in town. I wouldn’t recommend it. Hotel Baro in the Piazza of Addis Ababa. There is a nasty spider sitting on the ceiling waiting for me as well as a box of condoms provided to guests. The worst part is that the room wasn’t available to 7pm so it sounds like someone went hourly in this place. So, needless to say… killing some more time on the net doesn’t hurt.

I have had a couple of different beers over the last week. Ethiopian beer is not much of a step up from the Kenyan one I had but there was a lesser of the 2 evils.

LOCATION: ETHIOPIA

BEER

St George: This beer was slightly worse than the Tusker in Kenya and had a sweet taste which normally I don’t mind in a beer but this was just disgusting.

Daschen: So far this is the best of all the beer I have had. It is malty and tasty and has the highest alchohol content of the rest. It is brewed in Gondar which was a great city so I would say if I lived here this would be my goto beer.

PIZZA

I have had pizza 3 times in Ethiopia so far. Twice in Gondar. The first was at a spot aptly named Tuscany. The pizza was incredible and so far the best I have had. Ethiopians BETTER do pizza right. I mean, they were occupied by the Italians for a few years in the 40’s. The other pizza in Gondar was terrible because they didn’t use tomatos sauce… instead they used this sauce called berberi which is used all over Ethiopia and it is the stuff that got me sick a few days earlier. Finally, in Addis Ababa I ate at a place called The Pizza Corner and ordered a plain cheese pizza w/ oregeno. It was also very good. Overall the pizza in Ethiopia topped the pizza in Kenya .



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Beer & Pizza Review #2”

  1. Tammy soul says:

    Dear sir
    My name is Tammy. I am living in Addis Ababa. pls communicate me so that I will show you the better places in Addis.

  2. Rachel says:

    Joey Bear, stop eating pizza! Ethopian food is good. Hmmm tib and agria bread!

  3. admin says:

    I have to watch the Ethiopian food. It hasn’t sat well with me. The tibs are good but the berberi sauce they use is absolutely terrible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *