BootsnAll Travel Network



Walking in the mountains

Namaste everyone!

Hopefully things are well in your part of the world. Here in Pokhara, Nepal the days are Hot, Hot, Hot and the nights are Wet!
I have never experienced the type of thunderstorms they have here! They come in twos. One at 530pm and then another at 730pm.
Torrential downpours with hail, lightening that turns the night white and thunder that shakes the room. Last night as the second storm rolled through, the power cuts off (this happens without storms too) and I am left in the blacked room, looking for the matches, when I realize the lightning show was amazing.

I sit on the bed, curtains open watching the most intense thunderstorm I have ever seen. Just another exciting night in Nepal…

I just got back from doing a little walking in the Mountains. A few nights spent up faraway from all the hustle and bustle of Pokhara.
From Pokhara taking a local bus about 15kms out of town leads you to a trailhead that goes up! Thousands of slate steps. Directly the direction you want to go.
I swear here in Nepal they do not believe in the calming switchbacks that gently wind you up a mountain, they go UP and DOWN..
The same was with the trek to Ridi Ghat I did in Tansen. 7km up and the 7km down… No mercy!
Good thing I am keeping up with the Ninja training, I must be able to defend my people when I arrive at Nowhere.

Besides walking in the mountains I have been doing some little day trips around Phewa Tal, the dam created lake that is the center of the tourist area, Everyone in Pokhara is here to plan a trek, rafting or safari. Or recovering from one. The street is lined with shops and tourist traps. I am almost at the end of my rope.

I enjoy the area but the hordes of tourists and westerners make me want to drink beer and sit on some shady terrace overlooking the lake lazily passing the day away, Okay that doesn’t sound so bad.. but I am either going to leave tomorrow for Gorkha, or Monday depending.

until next time…..

jessica



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “Walking in the mountains”

  1. frankie says:

    Sitting here in the flat plains of St Civran… John recommends you check up with his late cousin’s school-home for boys in Katmandu… they may have a job for you.
    I’m giving John your e-mail address for futher info.
    Happy trekking!
    We’ve got storms too!

  2. Suraj Kumar Aryal says:

    Dear Jessica!

    Thanks! for your trip to Pokhara. Pokhara, Really a paradise in Earth. Isn’t it?
    We (all Pokhareli) are excited from those comments about Pokhara. That was leaved by like yours.( I mean tourists like you.)-

    Thanks! Once again for your comment on Pokhara.
    If you want to visit Pokhara again we heartily welcomes you in Pokhara. We are ready to process your application to be here…………..

    Suraj Kumar Aryal
    Along with all Pokharelis

    You can mail me arl_suraj@hotmail.com or simly you can make a call to
    +977 9841 412164

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *