BootsnAll Travel Network



Blissed out in Granada

Hola! I left San Sebastion with alot of chesse, bread and faith that I would make it to my hostel in Granada safe and sound. You tend to need alot of faith when travelling with an overly stuffed backpack, arriving at night to an unknow city. Faith I had and I made it to the top of the world Rhambutan. Only of course after two hours of searching and the hills, oh god the hills, it makes me glad I rode my bike like a fiend all those years in Chicago.
  My hostel is overlooks the whole valley of Granada, with the Alhambra directly across. The Alhambra is a huge fortress like compound built by the moors in the 10th century. It is massive and so beautiful. Gadrens and courtyards surround a mosaic filled grand hall.
  So far days have been filled with wandering the ancient streets and finding new terraces to enjoy the view upon. Nights are filled with music and dancing with the loads of new travelling friends I have met. One of the many great things about Granada is that the place is teeming with musicians. Jam sessions happen everywhere and at anytime.

  Did I mention I love this place? It will be hard to leave the good life behind. I left most of my heavy camping gear at the Rhambutan to go deeper south, so I know I can return to open arms to the top of the world. It feels good to have a light pack and a lighter soul after these blissful five days. Time to move on.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *