BootsnAll Travel Network



Fiji

We decided to risk the coup – fco advice was to stay clear of Suva (the capital) and we were going no where near.

We were late arriving as we’d gone a long way round to avoid turbulance, and once through customs, didn’t have long to meet the big yellow boat that trundles up and down the Yasawa islands on a daily basis. Luckily our taxi driver got us there, with about 2 mins to spare (the big yellow boat doesn’t run on fiji time, but british time, i.e. punctually) without killing us – he kept trying to overtake people, but was careful so we didn’t feel too scared!

Fiji is great. Tropcial islands, sitting in hammocks and generally not doing a lot. 3pm is a highlight – time for afternoon tea!! The chocolate cake and sauce straight out of the oven at Lo’s on Nanyua Lailai bought back wonderful memerories from when I was last there 7 years ago.

The islands just about resemble postcards too – sorry to those we promised postcards from every place we visit – they don’t sell them on desert islands and we were only on the main land for 12 hours – most of which we were asleep so didn’t get to postcard shops (slap wrists)!

Nabua Lodge beach, Nacula Island

We stayed on two islands – Nacula (Nabua Lodge) and Nanyua Lailai (Sunrise Lagoon Resort). Both were good – Sunrise was a bit more ‘holiday/school camp’ like – and had certainly grown since I was last there in ’99 – but it was good to go back – it bought back some happy memories.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *