BootsnAll Travel Network



Christmas Day

In the sun!!!!!!!! A bit of a change from 3 days preivoulsy, but a welcome one!

After a lovely (?) 14 hour bus journey from Queenstown to Picton on 23rd, we jumped on 2 water taxis on Christmas Eve to Hopewell Backpackers on Kenepuru Sounds. An absolutely beautiful setting, which felt far from home and also from Christmas. We arrived in sun and were lucky that it stayed until Christmas Day.

Christmas Eve saw the owners of the backpackers hosting a party for every one – fizzy pop & canapes – with the guitar being bought out by three people (one a professional musician who has played with Jack Johnson apparently) later in the evening – with us all singing along into the wee hours.

We had a very relaxing Christmas Day – kayaking on the sounds was lovely and the rest of the day was spent relaxing – with a game of trivial persuits in the evening – we weren’t so good at that one as it was an aussie version and we don’t know enough famous aussies to answer the entertainment questions!!

Christmas Day kayak on Kenpuru Sound

Now back in Picton (in the rain) – we are crossing over to the North Island for New Year – here is hoping the rain holds off and our 5 day canoe trip is in the sun…



Tags:

One response to “Christmas Day”

  1. Jill says:

    Hope you had an excellent new year and that the canoes came with sunshine attached! Kiwi baths look fantastic though I’m more than happy to leave ye the mud and the bogs….

    Jillx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *