BootsnAll Travel Network



Boston Logan Airport

No sooner did I wrtte last night that the internet in the office is restored, that the modem get fried.  I had to run out at 8:45pm to Best Buy for a replacment modem and get on the phone with time warner technical support. Of course the new modem is not responding and its now 10:30pm. The tech people now on Monday night claim no one can come to the office until Friday. Time to turn it over to Helayne to see if she can find their jugular. Flight to boston pretty uneventful although I am battling a cold I picked up in Napa last weekend. I used the earplanes which are modified earplugs you use to equalize the cabin pressure. Plane lands and they are stuck in my ear canals. I walk through the terminal with these fricken things to far in my ears. Of course in post 911 world, tweezers not allowed at the airport. Finally I get a coffee stir stick and I looked like the biggest fool standing in rest room using a coffee stir stick prying these things (not the potatoes) out of my eats. But it worked. Next flight to London Heathrow with my carry on entourage of all the baggage I can get by the gate attendant. All that people here talk about is the weather and the large percentage of bags lost at Heathrow.  This clearly has the makings of a true adventure.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *