BootsnAll Travel Network



Attack of the Giant Spider

It’s not a radioactive mutant from the future, but it was almost as scary for me.  The creepy sculpture below is in front of the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao.  The building itself is amazing, but I much preferred the flowery “Puppy” sculpture on the other side to this arachnid.

The museum is the centerpiece for the lovely walk along the river to the old city, where we had yet another lesson in tapas.  We continued our education in the Rioja region in Logrono.  There are dozens of bars/restaurants on every block, but we seem to be getting better or maybe luckier about which ones we choose on our nightly crawl.  I never thought that I’d be writing this, but after tasting the specialty here, I don’t think I hate mushrooms anymore.  Gasp!  Now if I can just get more comfortable with spiders….

blog-maman.jpg

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Attack of the Giant Spider”

  1. one of the dads Says:

    I saw a “Spain: On the Road Again” PBS show about this museum. A Frank Gehry design. He also did Seattle’s EMP, a tribute to Jimi Hendricks. I know ’cause Esten took us there this summer.

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply