BootsnAll Travel Network



Buen Apetito

It’s strange because it feels like we’ve been really busy for the last week, but I can’t really think of much to write about.  We returned to Barcelona in time for the El Classico game – FC Barca beat Real Madrid, by the way – and spent a few days seeing some things we missed the last time we were here.

One of the things I’ve learned in the last year is that I’m not usually a fan of big cities.  I get bored in places that are too rural though, so somewhere around 200K population seems to be comfortable to me now.  Anyway, Barcelona is one of my exceptions and I’m glad we decided to come back.

 This time, we took a cooking class, which we’ve done in other parts of the world and really enjoyed.  This one started out in La Boqueria market, which is a culinary treat by itself.  From there we brought our ingredients to the teacher’s apartment for a full day of cooking and eating.  Catalan cuisine turned out to be simple and tasty, but the key ingredient is patience.  Everything needs a long time to cook for the flavors to sink in.  We made a tortilla, which is something like an omelette – not a taco shell, then an amazing veal dish with sofregit, and the finale…  Crema Catalana.  See my results below.

blog-crema.JPG

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply