BootsnAll Travel Network



Top Ten Things I’ve Learned From Hanging Out In France

 1. It is possible to eat an enormous block of creamy French cheese in one sitting.

2. There is a distinct difference between French bread and any other bread in the world. It is just better, period.

3. French people and the ex-pats that live here eat alot of meat-in any shape or form-and it’s not good to be a vegetarian or point out your uncomfortability with the vast quantity of meat in all of its forms being consumed.  It is, in fact , wise to ignore the meat eating side of things entirely . It reminds me of Spain in this regard. I need to practice leaving my values at home. I remind myself constantly that I should think of it as living with a strange tribe, who is very industrious and wastes no part of any animal, which is a very positive way of looking at it. I imagine Germany will be worse. I will become a  vegetarian  again after Germany.

4. It is possible to be in France for weeks and speak not a word of French, particularly if you don’t go anywhere.

5. I can look a the same view all day long, and it’s never boring. Because it’s France, for goodness sakes!

6. French people, the few I have met, are not fitting into that crabby French stereotype. They are very friendly, actually. or at least, I think they are. Actually, since I’ve no idea what they are saying, who knows? But they seem friendly.

7. French men are exceedingly friendly and are not married. Ever.

8. People in France have little dogs who never bark and are extremely well behaved.

9. French women, at least so far, do not strike me as particularly well dressed. I was expecting them to be simply incredible, what with all the hype they receive for style. They all look so sensible, with their short practical haircuts and their nice low heeled shoes-especially after Spain, land of orange and pink high heels, brightly patterned little jackets, and costume jewelry. Spanish women were very bright and stylish-in a sort of crazy, done up way,  while French women are all in neutrals and their hair looks perfectly tidy. As I am not known for looking tidy, I think-so far-I prefer Spain, with its plastic hoop earrings and sexy messy hair. I should mention that I am in no state to judge, as I am wearing the same thing everyday and my wardrobe in practical enough to put anyone to sleep!

10. It is possible to enjoy a country very much without seeing any of  it to speak of. In spite of the fact that I have been here for some time and seen little, I have the distinct impression of being in France, and that’s enjoyable all on it’s own .(But, I’m looking forward to Paris next week!)

gigi



Tags:

4 responses to “Top Ten Things I’ve Learned From Hanging Out In France”

  1. Anti Aging is the process of delaying the effects of aging, particularly of skin like wrinkles, lines, crowfeet, sags, and so on. Aging is a natural process, and it is also true that no one can completely prevent nature. At the present time people are growing older at rapid paces, since the chemicals, pollution, inability to maintain control of self and activities and so much more is making the world grow at rapid paces. Stress, fatigue, overexposure of heat, coldness, chemicals in the air, and other harmful contaminating elements in life increase our aging process. Lack of exercise and improper dieting can also lead to aging sooner. Many sources claim that overexposure of the sun, hours in the tanning beds, and other heated areas are connected to wrinkle development. Tanning beds can sometimes lead to some skin diseases like Eczema. (Anti Aging skin care) Media, Ads, etc, has highly highlighted on beauty, therefore every individual is trying to look like some supermodel these days. These days millions of people are aging rapidly in nowadays, thus the emphasis on beauty is increasing.

  2. Wonderful web site. A lot of useful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks to your sweat!

  3. free classified deals ads…

    Free Classified worldiwide ads…

  4. word says:

    I am grateful for your contributions. I’ve read a lot of material that is connected to this topic! In contrast to numerous other articles, I was left with a really clear impression after reading yours. I really hope that you will continue to write postings that are equally as enlightening as this one and others for us and everyone else to read! word wipe

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *