BootsnAll Travel Network



First Things First: Tragedy Hits The Ngobe Of Panama-A Plea For Your Help

I have just returned from Paris, where I spent a dizzying two weeks trying to find as many free or cheap things to do as possible. I can safely say that I have seen more of Paris than most and am confident that I left no stone unturned in my quest for seeing all of the City of Lights.

However, before going into greater detail about my time in Paris, I’d like to inform all of my readers about some terrible news concerning the Ngobe people of Panama.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for awhile knows that I volunteered with the organization Medo while in Panama back in March.  Medo works with, and is run by Ngobe people in the Comarca of Western Panama. The Ngobe are an extremely poor indigenous group living in very difficult, rough conditions. Medo has been helping them by bringing in education, sanitation, and other basic necessities of life.

I was so busy in Paris that I rarely checked my email, and when I finally did, I discovered countless emails from the Ngobe people I knew in Panama and the volunteers sent to work with them.

They all concerned some terrible news: That there had been a terrible flood, and and that numerous communities along the Comarca had been severely damaged. Some had even been entirely swept away, leaving nothing standing.

Of the communities that were severely damaged, Soloy, the largest village and the location of most of the public services, was greatly impacted.

Even worse, there were people missing and quite a few dead, in spite of great evacuation efforts that had been made. People had been stranded on islands which were created by the tremendous floods. Suspension bridges were  so badly damaged as to be unusable; indeed, many were completely destroyed by the flooding.

Ngobe houses and public buildings are too badly damaged to be salvageable: the traditional style of building a shelter or hut with sticks was easily swept away, while the sturdier structures made of cinder blocks and mortar were also destroyed if not on higher ground.

The latrines which were being built thruout the community have contaminated the water supply.

Dead animals and detritus cover the landscape and also contaminate the water supply.

There is a great concern over the coming days and weeks, when the threat of cholera and other diseases may become epidemic.

Meanwhile, the Ngobe have lost everything: their homes, their few clothes, their cooking pots, their livestock, and their crops. Some entire communities have been swept away and have to relocate.

The people in the mountainous areas may fare far worse. What few roads there are have been washed away or are still flooded over, as the heavy rains continue. All the bridges have been destroyed, leaving them basically stranded in their communities with no hope of receiving any services.

There is little known at this time about the conditions in these mountain communities, as they are very isolated. It is safe to say, however, that they are stranded, with no way to obtain food outside of whatever crops or stores they have that have not been destroyed. They also have no access to clean drinking water and no way for any to be brought in.

This is..such a tragedy. For the Ngobe, who already have been dealt such a terrible hand by the Panamanian government, who have been living in such substandard conditions , to have this happen is such a blow.

There has been very little about their situation in the news. Panama newspapers have instead chosen to cover the damage due to the floods in areas closer to Panama City and to indigenous groups that have more power and prestige.

There is, however, a website that has been created and has updates about the situation, as well as photographs of some of the damage. You can also make a tax deductible donation by going to the donation link on the main page.

Please help. The beautiful Ngobe who have struggled so much already, need your help and prayers in this emergency situation.

Go to: http://ngobesafewater.synthasite.com for more information.

Sincerely,

Gigi



Tags:

46 responses to “First Things First: Tragedy Hits The Ngobe Of Panama-A Plea For Your Help”

  1. […] First Things First: Tragedy Hits The Ngobe Of Panama-A Plea For … […]

  2. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.

  3. Oakland has cornered the market on average offense, good defense OFs Davis, Hairston, Cunningham even Taylor and just signed Crisp. Anyone think that possibly there might be a trade there, instead of tired old men. Just as a change of pace.

  4. Fantastic, thank you!

  5. Spot on with this write-up, I actually suppose this website needs far more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to learn far more, thanks for that info.

  6. First of all, permit my family recognize a person?s command during this issue. truth that this is certainly brand new , in no waytheless quickly right following registering your site, this intellect has exploded extensively. Allow all of us to consider maintain of one?s rss to assistance maintain in touch with whatsoever probable messages Sincere understand but will pass it on to help admirers and my privateized are living members

  7. Howdy, I do enjoy reading all of your content. I had to to write a little comment to support you.

  8. sesli says:

    I have to voice my admiration for your kindness for visitors who have the need for help on that area. Your personal dedication to getting the message across was extremely powerful and has constantly empowered men and women just like me to achieve their desired goals. The insightful report implies a great deal to me and far more to my fellow workers. With thanks; from each one of us.

  9. free marketing sites…

    Free classified advertising worldwide have a distinctive and best connection with advertising around enjoy investing have a great time in advertising free advertising posting site…

  10. manisa iş arama bulma sitesi

  11. RolandRoons says:

    As CBD becomes more and more conventional uncountable people are knee-deep in the cannabis industry. But where do you take CBD products? The CBD merchandise is expanding rapidly and as a result it is ill-behaved to obey scent of all the options. There are innumerable places where you can take Full Spectrum CBD Gummies products online and in pile up but they may not be the most beneficent choice. cbd flower canada

  12. Sesli Sohbet says:

    En iyi sesli sohbet odalarını ücretsiz sunar

  13. SesliSeks says:

    Goruntulu sohbet sitesi

  14. VerenVerene says:

    If you are looking for the best quality chat chat site, we are waiting for you to our video chat site with video camera, which offers the most lively chat for virtual chat lovers.

    http://verenverene.com.tr

  15. SesliOrtam says:

    First of all, hello, as our Voice Chat site, we offer our quality chat chat site, which we have been serving for many years, to all users, 24/7 unlimited and free chatting opportunities, we welcome you to our site and wish you a good chat in advance.

  16. SesliSeker, Sesli Sohbet, Sesli Chat, Mobil Sesli Sohbetler. İstanbul Sohbet Odalari. Esohbet İnternet üzerinden esohbetetmek isteyenler için hizmet

  17. Cricket ID says:

    I really like the way your page looks, and this content is excellent. Thank you for revealing.

  18. Cricket ID says:

    The design of your page is fantastic, and the information is top-notch. I appreciate your disclosure.

  19. I think your blog looks great and this is a great topic. I value your sharing.

  20. I really like the way your blog looks, and this is a fantastic topic. Many thanks for sharing.

  21. This stuff is fantastic, and I truly enjoy how your page appears. For disclosing, I’m grateful.

  22. I think your blog is beautifully designed, and this is a great topic. Your sharing is appreciated.

  23. I really like the way your blog looks, and this content is fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

  24. RodneyBew says:

    brillx официальный сайт играть онлайн
    brillx казино
    В 2023 году Brillx предлагает совершенно новые уровни азарта. Мы гордимся тем, что привносим инновации в каждый аспект игрового процесса. Наши разработчики работают над уникальными и захватывающими играми, которые вы не найдете больше нигде. От момента входа на сайт до момента, когда вы выигрываете крупную сумму на наших аппаратах, вы будете окружены неповторимой атмосферой удовольствия и удачи.Добро пожаловать в мир азарта и возможностей на официальном сайте Brillx Казино! Здесь, в 2023 году, ваш шанс на удачу преумножается с каждым вращением барабанов игровых аппаратов. Brillx — это не просто казино, это уникальное путешествие в мир азартных развлечений.

  25. Tony Charles says:

    Welcome to the dynamic world of Yellow Corn Suppliers where quality meets excellence. As dedicated members of TradeKey.com, we take pride in our role as leading contributors to the global B2B marketplace.

  26. You can really find the information you needed on this and didn’t know who to ask about on this page, which is typically a walkthrough. You’ll definitely find it if you glance here.

  27. You can really find the information you needed on this and didn’t know who to ask about on this page, which is typically a walkthrough. You’ll definitely find it if you glance here. very nice artical. very nice artical.

  28. Thanks for penning this, buddy. You’ve got yourself a solid piece.Thanks for penning this, buddy. You’ve got yourself a solid piece.

  29. Richard says:

    TradeKey.com serves as our platform to connect with partners globally, including recyclers, and businesses seeking high-quality Copper Scrap Suppliers. Through collaborations on this platform, we aim to contribute to the success of our partners while promoting the importance of sustainable practices in the metal recycling industry.

  30. RodneyBew says:

    brillx скачать
    https://brillx-kazino.com
    Добро пожаловать в увлекательный мир азарта и развлечений на официальном сайте Brillx Казино! Если вы ищете захватывающий опыт игры в игровые аппараты, то ваш поиск завершен. Brillx Казино – это не просто блистательный выбор игр, это настоящее путешествие в мир азарта и возможностей.Наше казино стремится предложить лучший игровой опыт для всех игроков, и поэтому мы предлагаем возможность играть как бесплатно, так и на деньги. Если вы новичок и хотите потренироваться перед серьезной игрой, то вас приятно удивят бесплатные режимы игр. Они помогут вам разработать стратегии и привыкнуть к особенностям каждого игрового автомата.

  31. AskBus says:

    Приветствуем, уважаемые предприниматели, мы рады представить вашему вниманию новаторский продукт от AdvertPro – SERM (Search Engine Reputation Management), инструмент управления репутацией в сети Интернет! В нашем быстро меняющемся мире, репутация в интернете является решающей роль в успехе любой компании. Не допускайте, чтобы неконтролируемые отзывы и недоразумения подорвали доверию к вашему бренду.

    SERM от AdvertPro – это более чем инструмент в вашем арсенале для развития положительного имиджа вашего бизнеса в интернете. С помощью нашей системы, вы обретете полное управление над тем, что говорят о вашем бизнесе ваши клиенты. SERM отслеживает онлайн-упоминания и способствует распространению позитивных отзывов, одновременно минимизируя влияние негативной информации. Мы применяем новейшие алгоритмы поиска, чтобы вы находились на шаг впереди.

    Представьте себе, что каждый поиск о вашей компании направляет к позитивным отзывам: позитивные комментарии, убедительные истории успеха и отличные рекомендации. С SERM от AdvertPro это не просто мечта, доступная каждому предприятию. Более того, наш инструмент открывает возможность использовать ценной обратной связью для усовершенствования вашего бизнеса.

    Не упустите возможность улучшить свою деловую репутацию. Пишите нам уже сейчас для получения профессиональной консультации и внедрения SERM. Дайте возможность миллионам потенциальных клиентов видеть только с лучшим о вашем бизнесе каждый раз, когда они заглядывают в интернет за информацией. Откройте новую страницу в управлении репутацией в интернете – доверьтесь AdvertPro!

    Сайт: https://serm-moscow.ru/ – управление репутацией сайта.

  32. AskBus says:

    Здравствуйте, уважаемые предприниматели, представляем вам вашему вниманию революционный продукт от AdvertPro – SERM (Search Engine Reputation Management), инструмент управления репутацией в сети Интернет! В цифровом мире, онлайн-репутация играет ключевую роль в успехе любой компании. Не позволяйте, чтобы нежелательные отзывы и непонимания подорвали доверию к вашему бренду.

    SERM от AdvertPro – это более чем ваш личный инструмент для развития положительного имиджа вашего бизнеса в интернете. Благодаря нашей системы, вы получите полный контроль над тем, что рассказывают о вашем бизнесе ваши клиенты. SERM активно анализирует онлайн-упоминания и способствует распространению позитивных отзывов, в то же время уменьшая влияние негатива. Мы используем передовые алгоритмы поиска, чтобы вы были на шаг впереди своих конкурентов.

    Вообразите, что каждый поиск о вашей компании приводит к положительным результатам: позитивные комментарии, убедительные кейсы успешных операций и отличные рекомендации. С SERM от AdvertPro это не только возможно, доступная каждому предприятию. Более того, наш инструмент предоставляет возможность использовать ценной обратной связью для совершенствования вашего предложения.

    Используйте возможность повысить свою бизнес-репутацию. Обратитесь к нам уже сейчас для запроса профессиональной консультации и запуска сервиса SERM. Позвольте миллионам потенциальных клиентов видеть только с лучшим о вашем бизнесе каждый раз, когда они обращаются в интернет за информацией. Вступите в новую страницу в управлении репутацией в интернете – выберите AdvertPro!

    Сайт: https://serm-moscow.ru/ – serm услуги стоимость.

  33. AskBus says:

    Ищете надежной службе доставки цветов? “Цветов.ру” гарантирует исключительный сервис по доставке цветов в множестве городов, включая такие города, как Нефтекамск на пр. Комсомольском 39, Казань на пр. Фатыха Амирхана 15, Владимир на пр. Ленина 24, и многие другие.

    Сделайте шаг к радости, заказав у нас волшебный букет для себя или ваших близких, заказав букет на нашем сайте по услуге https://worldcup2021.ru/rzn/ – доставка цветов.

    Выбрав услугам “Цветов.ру”, вы гарантируете свежесть и качество букетов, с использованием профессиональных флористов. Наши сервисы включают больше, чем просто стандартную доставку, но и особенные опции, такие как сервис фотоотчета до и после доставки букета.

    Вне зависимости от местоположения вашего адресата, будь то Нефтекамск, Казань, Владимир, или любой другой город, “Цветов.ру” позаботится о своевременной и аккуратной доставке.

    Выберите ваш заказ сегодня и доставьте радость и красоту с “Цветов.ру”, вашим идеальным выбором для доставки цветов по всей России.

  34. AskBus says:

    В поисках надежной службе доставки цветов? “Цветов.ру” обеспечивает исключительный сервис по доставке цветов в множестве городов, включая Нефтекамск, Казань, Владимир, Тихорецк, Москва, Уфа, Янаул, Оренбург, Орехово-Зуево, Набережные Челны, Киров, Зеленоград, Кемерово, Благовещенск, Йошкар-Ола, Иваново, Тольятти, Вологда, Волгоград, Долгопрудный, Смоленск, Сосновый Бор, Салават, Печора, Сыктывкар, Ростов-на-Дону, Грозный, Новочеркасск, Самара, Астрахань.

    Не упустите шанс порадовать себя или своих близких удивительным букетом от нашей службы доставки цветов, заказав букет на нашем сайте по услуге https://the-boys-online.ru/sykt/ – доставка цветов.

    Выбрав услугам “Цветов.ру”, вы обеспечиваете себе идеальное состояние букетов, благодаря профессиональных флористов. Наши предложения включают больше, чем просто стандартную доставку, но и индивидуальные опции, такие как возможность получения фото букета до и после доставки.

    Независимо от вашего близкого, будь то Нефтекамск, Казань, Владимир, или любой другой город, “Цветов.ру” обеспечит своевременной и внимательной доставке.

    Выберите ваш заказ сегодня и передайте радость и красоту с “Цветов.ру”, вашим надежным выбором для доставки цветов в разных городах России.

  35. Son Dakika Haberleri, Güncel Haberler, Gündem Haberler, İstanbul Haberleri, Ankara Haberleri, Tarafsız Ve Bağımsız İnternet Haber Sitesi https://www.haberduyur.com

  36. Henrybub says:

    Потребовалась новая входная дверь после завершения ремонта. Обратился https://dveri-msk1.ru из-за удобного каталога и подробных характеристик. Заказ был выполнен точно в срок, монтажники работали аккуратно и профессионально. Отличное качество двери и высокий уровень сервиса, несомненно рекомендую!

  37. Henrybub says:

    После ремонта мне задумалось купить новая входная дверь. Обратился vhodnie-dveri-moscow.ru из-за удобного каталога и подробных характеристик. Заказ был сделан строго в оговоренные сроки, монтажники работали аккуратно и профессионально. Отличное качество двери и высокий уровень сервиса, несомненно рекомендую!

  38. Hebub says:

    считаю верным выбором для SEO-оптимизации.

  39. Hebub says:

    Я обратился в seo-prodvijenie-v-msk.ru для поисковой оптимизации моего сайта, когда заметил снижение трафика. Результаты были быстро заметны: профессиональный подход, готовность помочь и видимый улучшение ранжирования. Рекомендую!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *