BootsnAll Travel Network



Camino de Santiago No. 8: Ashrams, Mind Melds, and A Very Esoteric Evening in Arroyo San Bol

I walked up to the door of the Arroyo San Bol refuge, glad to get out of the inclement weather and thrilled to find the place open.

However, it apparently wasn´t open today-it´s official opening day was tomarrow. There were a few pilgrims inside who had somehow managed to convince them to let them in a day early.

Somehow or other, it turned out that there was a bed for me as  well, which made me very happy indeed. It´s amazing how these simple things, like a bed for the night, a hot loaf of bread, a bit of cheese or an actual hot shower can make your day on the Camino!

The refuge itself has had a somewhat nutty history. In the past year, it had been temporarily run by the Bahai (there they are again!), which for whatever reason did not work out. Before the Bahai, it was run by a wild bunch of people, and apparently was quite the party place. I had heard stories of these wild times, which apparently were not to the taste of the surrounding villages, who were extremely happy when the pleasure seekers left. Before this last group, the place had been run by a man who had left a religious order of some kind and was apparently quite charismatic. He was open to having volunteers stay on and work on the place, at at times hosted various people who were considering devoting themselves to lives as nuns or monks.

The two people running the place this time around were two extremely interesting characters-the main guy was a man named Francisco, who was a Knight of the Templar(a Catholic order); he was assisted by a guy from Slovenia named Jose, who had just finished the Camino the past winter.

Francisco and Jose had only been there for four days, and had been working on the place, cleaning it up. There obviously was much work left to be done, and the place was a shambles. It had been vandalized in the past year, and the windows had been broken. The very beautiful chapel, painted with a celestial scene, was falling in and the place was pretty dirty. They had been working away for several days when I arrived, making repairs and trying to get it ready for guests.

Francisco had previously worked at a refuge, and told me he had been told by God that he was to be at this refuge for ten years. He was not only to provide hospitality to pilgrims, he was to improve the place drastically(it did not even have a bathroom or electricity). He was also to build an enormous church/holy place on the property, using age old principles long forgotten. He had several books on the subject, and was going to be using them as a guide.

Francisco was espeically interesting to me. He had walked the Camino, and had been fundamentally changed by it. In fact, he had changed his entire life because of whatever happened on his walk to Santiago. He had become a Knight of the Templar, an interesting order of Knights, who are sort of like monks-except that they believe in having companions and they are not celibate. In fact, their insignia shows two people on a horse, showing the importance of duality, of two people. They are the only order that holds this belief.

Jose was more esoteric. I mean to say, he was the most esoteric person I have come across in my entire life. He walked around in a cream colored outfit, did not seem to be in need of shoes, looked at me intensely without blinking, and talked about Hari Krishnas and so on. Sometimes when I was talking to him(or someone else was) he would suddenly get up and go do yoga and stand on his head in the yard.

As if these two were enough to take in, the other guests also all had their own particular energy and take on life.

First off, there were three women, who had all arrived together before me. They were:

An Australian woman, sort of a free spirit, who twirled about  the yard and had been traveling for some time around the world;

An Canadian woman, who was quite pretty, drank cup after cup of coffee, had tons of nervous energy(perhaps due to vast quantities of coffee!), who had decided to turn her hair into dreadlocks that very day, and was busy knotting her hair into dreadlocked plaits;

Another woman, I forget where she was from, some Eurpean country, who had just returned from working in an ashram in India, where she had some sort of teacher. She listened to chanting music alot, talked about we manifest whatever we have in our life-although this only applied to the bad things that seemed to happen(interesting supposition, but doubtful), and also spoke for a few hours on the subject of ¨Cosmic Airports¨. Apparently these are the idea of her teacher in India, who has come upon the idea that there should be these places where people come to die and other people come to give birth-thereby creating a ¨Cosmic Airport¨, where souls from the dead can then enter the new bodies of the newly borne. Apparently, this would also prevent the trama of birth, which, according to this woman, we are all suffering from.The first one of these airports is going to be in Sweden, and there will also be another one in some very rich part of Colorado…

The last guest was a sweet guy named Simon, who looked like someone out of a Mad Max movie, as he had a dreadlocked mohawk and a somewhat alarming sense of style. The moment he smiled, though, he lit up the room. I had run into him earlier, and had hoped I would see him again. I was very happy when he walked in thru the door at San Bol. I had the sense that he was supposed to be there.

The dinner that night was odd-the food was excellent, but the conversation and the energy seemed out of whack. The ashram woman was especially hard to get along with, even when I nodded my head along, she never seemed satisfied. The whole cosmic airport thing seemed really interesting, and I tried to be as agreeable as I could to the idea and asked questions when I could think of them.. I had thought when I met her that perhaps the spiritual experience I had dreamt of was going to happen with her, as upon initial meeting she seemed like a very spiritual person. By the time she finished explaining the cosmic airport idea(what she could of it), I quite frankly felt like she was one of the most confused people I had ever met.

Along the Camino, one meets all types of people, believing in all types of beliefs. It´s all of interest to me-I usually like talking of such things. But one thing I have found, is that if you are a Catholic(or a person with a more traditional religion) people treat you differently, even if you treat their beliefs with respect. And, sometimes, their beliefs are so different, that you try to relate to them, try to understand what their belief consists of, but-by then, they´ve already made judgements about you and your belief, and they are closed. It´s a bit weird to be on what is a historically religious pilgrimage, but be traveling with many people who will not even visit a church along the way.

(Of course, this isn´t specific to the  Camino itself-it is an unfortunate thing in the world that people of all faiths, all beliefs, cannot decide together that God is all about love, and it´s that simple. Everyone has to bring their humanity into it, of course, or speak of blame instead of the love.)

But, I digress…

After dinner, the ashram woman put on some very creepy chanting music, and then Jose began chanting along with the music. He sort of seemed to be attempting some sort of Spock like mind meld with the other guests, and he spoke in this mysterious way that seemed to start somewhere but not end in any place in particular. I felt somewhat ill at ease and lost. The three women guests were apparently enjoying the mind meld very much, and I felt like perhaps they were having the experience there that they had come there for.

I felt somewhat disappointed in the evening-having come this far to the place, and having had such interesting dreams before getting here, I was surprised that I had felt little connection with the people here.

I decided to go to bed, and let them have the space for their chanting and so on.

Before bed, I asked Francisco if I could stay another day…I had the distinct sense that I was supposed to be here in this place, but had perhaps arrived a day early!

Francisco took me aside and said,¨Yes, good. You are a good person-I trust you. I was waiting for you. We have to go to Burgos tomarrow, so we need you to run the place until we get back in the afternoon. You will have to make coffee and tea for all the passing pilgrims tomarrow morning, and recieve the next group of guests.¨

Wow. So maybe that´s why I was supposed to stay here, I thought.

At that moment, Simon offered to stay also. We both knew that this is where we were supposed to be.

The other three guests suddenly offered to stay, but there were not enough beds for that many volunteers and the   guests tomarrow, so Francisco told them no.

I went to bed happy, looking forward to tomarrow, and wondering what guests would show up..having the feeling that tomarrow held something new and beautiful for me.

Next entry..¨How To Make 70 cups of Coffee With 6 Cups!¨

gigi



Tags:

715 responses to “Camino de Santiago No. 8: Ashrams, Mind Melds, and A Very Esoteric Evening in Arroyo San Bol”

  1. Men with ED may experience a decline in self-confidence and self-esteem, as their sexual difficulties can challenge their perception of themselves as desirable and capable individuals. priligy dapoxetine buy

  2. %%

    Feel free to surf to my website budynok.com.ua

  3. Stevennam says:

    Nothing is left to chance – even the soles of the pilots’ boots are clean as an alternative of ridged to forestall small rocks that might be blown into the engine from getting bot crash lodged into them.

  4. Stevennam says:

    Because of the technique of ionization, codigo rodadas gratis blaze all the atoms inside the gases strike around with stimulus. It’s pumped into its maximum state of action.

  5. Быстромонтируемые здания – это новейшие конструкции, которые различаются повышенной скоростью строительства и мобильностью. Они представляют собой строения, заключающиеся из предварительно сделанных деталей или же модулей, которые имеют возможность быть быстрыми темпами смонтированы в районе строительства.
    Быстровозводимые здания из металлоконструкций под ключ отличаются гибкостью также адаптируемостью, что разрешает легко изменять и адаптировать их в соответствии с запросами заказчика. Это экономически успешное а также экологически стабильное решение, которое в крайние годы заполучило широкое распространение.

  6. kellyyagep says:

    Я конечно, прошу прощения, но это мне не подходит. Есть другие варианты?
    а после ну возьми Тюшина на располагающихся рядом дворах от «Ньютекса» тыкать в глаза запас фурнитуры – альтернатива здоровущей, театр стоимости психованные: к примеру, tkani-kupit.su металическая разряд встает больше двесте руб..

  7. Amazon says:

    Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
    I actually enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will often come back at some point.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great
    posts, have a nice weekend!

  8. हम आपके लिए यूट्यूब थंबनेल्स की जांच करने के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ टूल पेश कर रहे हैं! यह एक मुफ्त ऑनलाइन उपकरण है, जो केवल यूट्यूब कलाकारों के लिए डिज़ाइन किया गया है, जो आपके वीडियो के थंबनेल्स और शीर्षक को एक ही क्लिक में बेहतर बनाने को बेहद सरल बना देता है। यह उपकरण बहुत ही उपयोगकर्ता-मित्र है और इसके लिए कोई अतिरिक्त सेटअप या इंस्टॉलेशन की आवश्यकता नहीं है।

    अपने यूट्यूब वीडियो के दर्शनों को बढ़ाने के लिए, आपके दर्शकों को आकर्षित करने वाले मोहक थंबनेल्स बनाएं। क्या आप उसी पुराने थंबनेल टेम्पलेट से थक गए हैं? कोई बात नहीं! अपने थंबनेल्स को प्रतिस्पर्धी के साथ तुलना करें और समझदार बदलाव करें। हमारी A/B परीक्षण सुविधा आपको सबसे प्रभावी थंबनेल वेरिएशन की पहचान में मदद करेगी, जिससे आपके वीडियो के क्लिक-थ्रू दरें और सामान्य सफलता बढ़ेगी।

    हमारा ऑनलाइन थंबनेल चेकर टूल, चाहे आप एक प्रमुख यूट्यूबर हों या अब शुरू कर रहे हों, यूट्यूब सफलता के लिए आपका गोपनीय शस्त्र है, जो आपके चैनल को नई ऊंचाइयों तक पहुंचाने में मदद करेगा! हमारे यूट्यूब थंबनेल चेकर टूल के साथ इसे तुरंत जांचें!

  9. ElizabethVar says:

    Талант, ничего не скажешь..
    Он подчинялся наиболее стильную альтернативную музыку, перечитывал работы Силлитоу и еще Сэлинджера, дубликаты номерных знаков в москве интересовался англосакс(онс)ким кино и еще втихомолку помешивал удалять анимационные клипы.

  10. Прошу прощения, что вмешался… Мне знакома эта ситуация. Приглашаю к обсуждению. Пишите здесь или в PM.
    Быстрое равно лучшее тесание дубликатов гос номеров (а) также сувенирных номеров хоть сколько стоит сделать гос номер на машину какой трудности.

  11. Curtisreubs says:

    Могу предложить зайти на сайт, где есть много информации на интересующую Вас тему.
    2. Размер платежа вне компьютерные сервис – 0,04 сделать номер на машину онлайн БВ. По закону нулевой мызник оказаться вынужденным аттестовать транспортное средство в общегосударственный дисконт при десяти суток с момента раздобытая.

  12. Williamnar says:

    Отличная фраза и своевременно
    ») воплощать в действительность верно импровизационно. Каспарян окончил выписывать гитару на «Шансе», вытащил штекер из пульта, отнесся в перерыв также, через смотря из изображения «черного странника», изготовить гос номер на авто изнеможенно молвил: «Ебаная зима».

  13. Full Piece of writing

    Camino de Santiago No. 8: Ashrams, Mind Melds, and A Very Esoteric Evening in Arroyo San Bol » TravelBlog Archive » true life planet

  14. Mathewgox says:

    Anna Berezina is a renowned author and lecturer in the reply to of psychology. With a training in clinical luny and extensive study circumstance, Anna has dedicated her career to armistice human behavior and daft health: http://demo01.zzart.me/home.php?mod=space&uid=2192103. Including her form, she has мейд relevant contributions to the field and has appropriate for a respected thought leader.

    Anna’s expertise spans a number of areas of emotions, including cognitive disturbed, unquestionable non compos mentis, and ardent intelligence. Her extensive knowledge in these domains allows her to provide valuable insights and strategies in return individuals seeking personal proliferation and well-being.

    As an inventor, Anna has written distinct instrumental books that drink garnered widespread recognition and praise. Her books put up for sale down-to-earth advice and evidence-based approaches to remedy individuals clear the way fulfilling lives and reveal resilient mindsets. Via combining her clinical adroitness with her passion quest of portion others, Anna’s writings procure resonated with readers roughly the world.

  15. scholding says:

    Быстромонтируемые здания – это прогрессивные здания, которые различаются высокой быстротой установки и гибкостью. Они представляют собой здания, состоящие из заранее изготовленных компонентов или компонентов, которые способны быть быстро установлены в участке застройки.
    Здание из сэндвич панелей под ключ отличаются податливостью также адаптируемостью, что позволяет просто преобразовывать и модифицировать их в соответствии с пожеланиями клиента. Это экономически успешное и экологически устойчивое решение, которое в последние лета приняло обширное распространение.

  16. Yeah bookmaking this wasn’t a speculative conclusion great post!

    my web site :: pull a part columbus ohio

  17. Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone
    3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Carry on the outstanding work!

    Feel free to surf to my page … buy-backlinks.rozblog.com

  18. porn says:

    What’s up to all, the contents existing at this site are in fact awesome for people knowledge, well, keep
    up the good work fellows.

  19. Thanks for dealing with such an important subject.
    Your well-structured arguments and evidence create this post
    both thought-provoking as well as useful.

    Also visit my web site: auto insurance

  20. Быстровозводимые здания – это прогрессивные здания, которые различаются высокой быстротой возведения и мобильностью. Они представляют собой конструкции, образующиеся из эскизно произведенных составных частей или же узлов, которые могут быть быстро смонтированы на месте застройки.
    Быстровозводимые здания из сэндвич панелей располагают гибкостью также адаптируемостью, что дозволяет легко менять и адаптировать их в соответствии с пожеланиями клиента. Это экономически результативное а также экологически надежное решение, которое в последние лета заполучило обширное распространение.

  21. EdwardNer says:

    Anna Berezina is a highly gifted and famend artist, known for her unique and charming artworks that never fail to leave a long-lasting impression. Her work fantastically showcase mesmerizing landscapes and vibrant nature scenes, transporting viewers to enchanting worlds filled with awe and marvel.

    What units https://w1000w.com/wp-content/pages/anna-berezina_123.html – Berezina Anna apart is her exceptional consideration to detail and her exceptional mastery of shade. Each stroke of her brush is deliberate and purposeful, creating depth and dimension that bring her paintings to life. Her meticulous approach to capturing the essence of her subjects permits her to create actually breathtaking artworks.

    Anna finds inspiration in her travels and the magnificence of the pure world. She has a deep appreciation for the awe-inspiring landscapes she encounters, and that is evident in her work. Whether it is a serene seaside at sunset, a majestic mountain vary, or a peaceful forest full of vibrant foliage, Anna has a exceptional capability to capture the essence and spirit of those locations.

    With a singular creative style that combines parts of realism and impressionism, Anna’s work is a visible feast for the eyes. Her paintings are a harmonious blend of precise details and delicate, dreamlike brushstrokes. This fusion creates a fascinating visual expertise that transports viewers right into a world of tranquility and sweetness.

    Anna’s expertise and inventive vision have earned her recognition and acclaim within the art world. Her work has been exhibited in prestigious galleries around the globe, attracting the attention of art lovers and collectors alike. Each of her items has a means of resonating with viewers on a deeply private level, evoking feelings and sparking a way of reference to the natural world.

    As Anna continues to create gorgeous artworks, she leaves an indelible mark on the world of artwork. Her capacity to capture the beauty and essence of nature is really outstanding, and her work function a testomony to her inventive prowess and unwavering ardour for her craft. Anna Berezina is an artist whose work will continue to captivate and encourage for years to come..

  22. DelbertNep says:

    Эмпайр скважин сверху воду – это процесс учреждения отверстий на нашей планете для впуска к подземным гидрофитным ресурсам. Этто принципиальная электропроцедура чтобы извлечения неинтересной воды – https://squareblogs.net/domainpolo5/kachestvo-vody-v-skvazhine-glubinoi-40-metrov-kakaia-voda-pit-evaia. Эмпайр проделывается специализированными компаниями один-другой употреблением особенного оборудования. Фасад началом бурения проводится геологическое равно гидрогеологическое исследование чтобы определения пункта бурения. Бурильная установка проникает в течение землю, создавая отверстие. После преимущества водоносного покрова скважина обсаживается особыми трубами. Прочерчивается электроиспытание на воду, и на случае успеха скважина оборудуется насосом для извлечения воды. Эмпайр скважин сверху водичку требует особых знаний (а) также навыка, а также соблюдение норм а также исправлял чтобы сохранности а также производительности процесса.

  23. However, it is important to remember that premature ejaculation is a treatable condition. priligy 30 mg online.

  24. Crack says:

    I don’t even know the way I ended up right here, however
    I thought this put up was once good. I don’t realize who you’re but certainly you are going to a famous blogger should you
    are not already. Cheers!

  25. Защитите своё устройство от повышенного напряжения стабилизатором

    стабилизаторы напряжения http://stabrov.ru.

  26. Трехфазный стабилизатор переменного напряжения “Штиль” R 3600-3 является одним из линейки стабилизаторов напряжения “Штиль” серии R. Стабилизатор R 3600-3 имеет два выхода для подключения нагрузки — с автоматическим отключением нагрузки при пропадании напряжения в одной из фаз и без него. Конструктивно стабилизатор напряжения “Штиль” R 3600-3 выполнен в виде подвесного моноблока с табло индикации и автоматическим выключателем сети на передней панели и клеммными колодками для подключения сетевого и нагрузочного кабелей — на задней.

    стабилизаторы напряжения http://stabrov.ru.

  27. Выбор типа стабилизатора напряжения зависит от таких факторов, как требуемая точность, мощность, бюджет, условия сети и другие факторы. Рекомендуется обратиться к профессионалам или производителям стабилизаторов напряжения для получения более точной рекомендации, исходя из конкретных потребностей.

    стабилизатор напряжения 220в для дома https://stabilizatory-napryazheniya-1.ru/.

  28. Стабилизаторы напряжения для газовых котлов являются важными компонентами, которые обеспечивают надежную и стабильную работу котла. Они широко применяются в домашних условиях, коммерческих зданиях и промышленных объектах, где стабильность напряжения критична для работы газового котла и обеспечения комфортных условий отопления.

    стабилизатор напряжения сн http://stabilizatory-napryazheniya-1.ru/.

  29. Marvelous, what a webpage it is! This weblog presents valuable information to us, keep it up.

    Stop by my webpage – used batteries near me

  30. Прогон сайта с использованием программы “Хрумер” – это способ автоматизированного продвижения ресурса в поисковых системах. Этот софт позволяет оптимизировать сайт с точки зрения SEO, повышая его видимость и рейтинг в выдаче поисковых систем.

    Хрумер способен выполнять множество задач, таких как автоматическое размещение комментариев, создание форумных постов, а также генерацию большого количества обратных ссылок. Эти методы могут привести к быстрому увеличению посещаемости сайта, однако их надо использовать осторожно, так как неправильное применение может привести к санкциям со стороны поисковых систем.

    Прогон сайта “Хрумером” требует навыков и знаний в области SEO. Важно помнить, что качество контента и органичность ссылок играют важную роль в ранжировании. Применение Хрумера должно быть частью комплексной стратегии продвижения, а не единственным методом.

    Важно также следить за изменениями в алгоритмах поисковых систем, чтобы адаптировать свою стратегию к новым требованиям. В итоге, прогон сайта “Хрумером” может быть полезным инструментом для SEO, но его использование должно быть осмотрительным и в соответствии с лучшими практиками.

  31. After looking over a handful of the blog articles on your web page,
    I honestly like your technique of blogging. I saved it to my bookmark site
    list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Please check out my website too and let me know your opinion.

  32. Educational programs should address the ethical considerations surrounding pharmaceutical marketing practices and their influence on medication choices https://radiopaedia.org/users/stromectol-ivermectin order stromectol over the counter.

  33. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am going through
    difficulties with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I can’t subscribe to
    it. Is there anyone else having identical RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

  34. Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
    It was definitely informative. Your site is useful. Thanks for
    sharing!

  35. Frankly permitted to the sombre side of Toto. Our blog is your gateway to the soul-stirring underworld of gambling.

    We’re not here to enfold your hand or sugarcoat
    shit. We’re here to put forth you what it takes to obtain the tables,
    the slots, and the total in between. Kink up, because things are
    move in reverse to penetrate not later than intense.

  36. NerMargY says:

    purchase Cenforce pill – Modern equipment for medication production includes specialized powder sieving machines for uniform particle size distribution

  37. Hexadecimal code isn’t simple to comprehend and edit when you’ve identified an error.
    But, with HxD Free Download you are able to modify the code in a simple way.

  38. Quality control equipment, such as spectrometers and chromatographs, ensures the potency and purity of medications Cenforce 100mg.

  39. https://surveypoint.ai/community/forums/users/azithromycin/ Zithromax z pack. Advanced containment systems protect operators when handling potent or hazardous pharmaceutical compounds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *