BootsnAll Travel Network



Well I´m in Manuas

Today I arrived in Manuas… it´s incredibly hot hereduring the day but really nice at night!! It´s a bustling city in the middle of the Amazon rain forest. I went to the port on the amazon today and I can´t even describe it. There´s people selling supplies everywhere and the buildings are beautiful. I didn´t have time to see everything I wanted but I´ll hit those places if I make it out of the Amazon.

Today I checked into my Pousada. It´s really nice. They have chickens (like all the places I went to in Brazil) and hummingbirds everywhere. After doing so much walking I took a dip in the pool they have here.

Tomorrow I´ll head 3 and a half hours into the jungle. So I won´t be posting any updates for the next couple of days.

Well sorry I can´t post pictures here…sorry Susie but I like taking pics of the places I went to – I know what I look like 🙂

But I´ll have three or four post-trip posts to recap new year´s eve, Rio and the hang gliding episode plus other insights.

I´m getting sad..I love this country -the nature and the wonderful people (oh I have a Carioca, which means a person from Rio, pape now :).

Wish me luck in the jungle. I´m heading out at 7am. I gotta get some sleep



Tags:

3 responses to “Well I´m in Manuas”

  1. Cosmos N George says:

    I know how it is when the party is about to end. How did time go by so quickly? is the question you want to ask. Any way, this is how life works. It is never always the same. Enjoy it when you can!
    Wear your protective wear for the jungle. Stay away from the chickens!

  2. Hello Candis, You’re doing the rigjht thing , getting up going. Take care and keep enjoying every moment. love you

  3. betty says:

    Hi Candis
    I’m sorry you are sad that your trip is about to end, but be very careful
    in the jungle. Keep up with the guides and get good pictures, Yes try not to eat the chickens. Good luck.

  4. Kevin says:

    Check your backpack for those Chicken Spiders!

  5. Greg says:

    I love your blog. found it on accident. Glad you love to travel. as do I. Went to Rio in may and had time of my life. Check out my blog when you get a chance.

    http://chefboyargee.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *