BootsnAll Travel Network



Hang Gliding in Rio

I survived hang gliding Friday. I was so scared and nervous that I had to use the bathroom right before we did it. I didn´t want to have an in-flight “accident”. It didn´t help that my pilot was trying to find his cell phone so he could call his wife!!

This picture will so you just how high it is…it´s the highest peak to the left…

I literally ran off the side of a mountain 1700 feet above the city!! Running is so important when hang gliding. If you don´t have the enough speed you could crash. There was this girl before me that froze out 3 ft from the edge and her pilot literally had to drag her off. Once you start running you can´t stop. If you can do the big leap everything else is way safe.

Her´s me by the takeoff ramp on the top of the mountain.

We landed on the beach…like this dude but with a hang glide instead.

It was a great experience. The view was incredible. I´ll have pictures of me hang gliding post-trip on the blog and maybe a link to a video clip afterwards.



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Hang Gliding in Rio”

  1. susie says:

    Hi Candis, You!re looking GOOD!!.Continue to have fun and stay SAFE!!!!!!LOVE YOU!!!!!

  2. betty says:

    Hi Candis
    I can see why you were nervous, heights are not my cup of tea
    either, but you overcame yours and had a great time doing the
    flight and you can run too. That leaves me out, cannnnnnn’t streak like
    I used to. Keep jumping and having fun.
    Love U

  3. linz says:

    hey girl!! that is incredible!!! that is all i have to say, well, except you look beautiful!
    peace

  4. AuNappturale says:

    Wow, you are quite the adventurous woman! I bet it was amazing. I’m not sure if I’d have the nerve, but with water beneath me, I’d be more apt to do it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *