BootsnAll Travel Network



Samba Time

I sorry I haen´t been posting in a while but I´ve been busy exploring Rio. So I the next three posts are quick recaps…

Thursday night I met my friend Danielle – a carioca ( a person born and raised in Rio). She took me to this samba club in the Lapa district where they played some awesome vintage samba. Her old classmate ,Romulo, was celebrating his birthday. If you´re reading this Romulo I hope you have a great birthday!!!

The club was an 100 year old building with three huge levels. The top two floors had openings so you could look down onto the dance floor.

We had great time talking, watching the samba band play and dancing.

This pic isn´t very good because is was dark in the club (of course).

Oh speaking of samba…there´s this dude this a part of the samba school that will play in the carnaval. Here´s him in his outfit. I hear him all the time next door practicing…



Tags: , ,

One response to “Samba Time”

  1. susie says:

    Hi Candis, I Would like to see more photos of you. Ask someone to take pictures of you okay!. LOVE YOU !!!!!!

  2. betty says:

    Hi Candis
    I just love the sight of any pictures, because I thought one minute
    you went awol since it was raining in Rio. The pictures are still
    awesome. Have fun. Oh! by the way, your Bengals lost because they
    hurt Carson Palmer on the second play of the game. I feel that the
    Colts will take care of Pittsburgh for you. See ya soon.

    Love Aunt B.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *