BootsnAll Travel Network



Amazon gallery show up

Amazon show “Amazon: A Fragile Balance” is on exhibition at Ock Hee’s Gallery in upstate New York, in Honeoye Falls.The show includes images from my time living with colonists in the Brazilian Amazon who had a plague of mosquitoes on their land and were protesting for help in a roadside, makeshift camp (1991) and my time helping researchers in Peru, trekking in the forest, catching caimans to see what they had for lunch and launching health care and wildlife management programs in remote communities.Images explore the culture, the beauty of the forest and the wild of one of the few places left where nature, not man, is in control. It compels us to explore man’s struggle to co-exist with nature and what impact we have on the environment, and what can be lost.Several images feature communities that are recipients of the work The Friends Project does, including the Amazon Animal Orphanage (care for a baby howler monkey), Nueva Esperanza (window screens, a latrine, safe drinking-water program, shoes for kids) and Belén (school supplies).I’ll post some photos later of the images.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

108 responses to “Amazon gallery show up”

  1. magnificent issues altogether, you simply won a new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your post that you made a few days in the past? Any certain?

  2. I believe you have noted some very interesting points , thanks for the post.

  3. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

  4. Kieth Corvin says:

    Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such wonderful info being shared freely out there.

  5. Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific website.

  6. Thanks, I have recently been searching for information about this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I have discovered so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the source?

  7. Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.

  8. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

  9. I got what you mean , thankyou for putting up.Woh I am pleased to find this website through google. “Success is dependent on effort.” by Sophocles.

  10. Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was searching for! “The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.” by Sbastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort.

  11. I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again!

  12. I’m writing to make you know what a fine encounter our daughter encountered reading your webblog. She even learned some things, with the inclusion of what it is like to have a marvelous helping mood to have other people without problems fully understand several problematic issues. You actually surpassed her expectations. I appreciate you for offering these interesting, healthy, edifying and in addition cool thoughts on that topic to Kate.

  13. I really like your writing style, fantastic information, appreciate it for putting up :D. “Faith is a continuation of reason.” by William Adams.

  14. Leia Paris says:

    I do believe all of the concepts you’ve introduced in your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for beginners. Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

  15. Only a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great design and style .

  16. Yuko Megee says:

    Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch because I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! “Any man would be forsworn to gain a kingdom.” by Roger Zelazny.

  17. Aldo Lanosa says:

    You are my aspiration, I own few blogs and rarely run out from brand :). “The soul that is within me no man can degrade.” by Frederick Douglas.

  18. I truly enjoy reading on this site, it has great posts. “Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.” by Demosthenes.

  19. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?

  20. Just wanna say that this is invaluable , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

  21. I don’t know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your blog. It seems like some of the written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Appreciate it|

  22. Ed Sigg says:

    F*ckin’ amazing issues here. I am very happy to peer your article. Thank you so much and i am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

  23. Jean Richter says:

    great points altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your post that you made some days in the past? Any positive?

  24. Some genuinely superb articles on this website, thank you for contribution. “Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do.” by Sarah Knowles Bolton.

  25. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

  26. I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

  27. I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again!

  28. I went over this internet site and I think you have a lot of superb info, saved to bookmarks (:.

  29. Thankyou for helping out, excellent information.

  30. Some really choice blog posts on this internet site , saved to fav.

  31. Phyllis Ripa says:

    Some truly prize content on this internet site , saved to my bookmarks .

  32. I regard something really special in this site.

  33. I was examining some of your posts on this internet site and I conceive this website is really instructive! Retain putting up.

  34. You have mentioned very interesting details! ps decent internet site.

  35. You have observed very interesting points ! ps nice internet site . “There’s always one who loves and one who lets himself be loved.” by W. Somerset Maugham.

  36. You have remarked very interesting points ! ps nice website . “‘We’re always lucky,’ I said and like a fool I did not knock on wood.” by Ernest Hemingway.

  37. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

  38. Ron Adorno says:

    Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was searching for! “I live in company with a body, a silent companion, exacting and eternal.” by Eugene Delacroix.

  39. I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for posting. “When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.” by Anais Nin.

  40. You have noted very interesting points! ps decent website.

  41. Bettye Duelm says:

    F*ckin’ awesome issues here. I’m very satisfied to look your post. Thanks a lot and i’m taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

  42. I have to show my love for your kind-heartedness in support of those people that actually need help with this important question. Your personal dedication to passing the solution across turned out to be definitely advantageous and have allowed professionals much like me to get to their targets. Your personal valuable publication means a whole lot a person like me and even further to my colleagues. With thanks; from everyone of us.

  43. Thanks, I have just been looking for info about this topic for a while and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the source?

  44. I dugg some of you post as I cerebrated they were very beneficial handy

  45. hello!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we communicate extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert on this house to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to look you.

  46. I like this site so much, saved to bookmarks. “Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.” by Norman Cousins.

  47. Great write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s web site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

  48. I went over this internet site and I believe you have a lot of excellent information, saved to favorites (:.

  49. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great design .

  50. Livia Ocejo says:

    Thanks, I have recently been looking for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the supply?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *