BootsnAll Travel Network



Amazon gallery show up

Amazon show “Amazon: A Fragile Balance” is on exhibition at Ock Hee’s Gallery in upstate New York, in Honeoye Falls.The show includes images from my time living with colonists in the Brazilian Amazon who had a plague of mosquitoes on their land and were protesting for help in a roadside, makeshift camp (1991) and my time helping researchers in Peru, trekking in the forest, catching caimans to see what they had for lunch and launching health care and wildlife management programs in remote communities.Images explore the culture, the beauty of the forest and the wild of one of the few places left where nature, not man, is in control. It compels us to explore man’s struggle to co-exist with nature and what impact we have on the environment, and what can be lost.Several images feature communities that are recipients of the work The Friends Project does, including the Amazon Animal Orphanage (care for a baby howler monkey), Nueva Esperanza (window screens, a latrine, safe drinking-water program, shoes for kids) and Belén (school supplies).I’ll post some photos later of the images.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

108 responses to “Amazon gallery show up”

  1. Ryan Stapp says:

    I just couldn’t depart your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person provide to your guests? Is gonna be again steadily in order to inspect new posts.

  2. It is actually a nice and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

  3. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What a great website.

  4. Jo Raz says:

    Good write-up, I am normal visitor of one’s blog, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

  5. I have been surfing on-line greater than three hours nowadays, yet I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It is lovely price sufficient for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the web can be a lot more useful than ever before. “When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object.” by Milan Kundera.

  6. I simply couldn’t leave your web site before suggesting that I really loved the usual information an individual supply on your visitors? Is going to be again often in order to check out new posts.

  7. Kieth Corvin says:

    I have been browsing online more than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s beautiful price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the net shall be a lot more helpful than ever before. “Oh, that way madness lies let me shun that.” by William Shakespeare.

  8. Denis Serrao says:

    I simply could not depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information a person provide on your guests? Is gonna be back frequently to investigate cross-check new posts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *