BootsnAll Travel Network



Yangzhou and a mudbath

We got on our 26 hour train and four out that it was colder inside the train than outside in the cold air! We now call this train the meat locker train! We did our time well though with lots of reading, rummy and chatting with the locals. The people on the train were some of the nicest we have met here. We finally made it to Guilin after 26 hours and finally being complete icicles, an we only had an hour by bus left to go.

We were tired, hungry and soo happy when we finally made it to Yangzhou. This place is soo touristy and westernized but we really like it. The mountains around here are so unusual and interesting. We got up today and it was a little rainy and we got some food while deciding what to do. Apparently were getting better at chopsticks because no I’ve offered to help us and we ate it all on our own…. Haha! We came back to the hostel to figure out our further travel plans and we our fellow hostel dorm mates were headed to a water cave so we decided to tag along. It was a blast!! They walk you through the cave and show you different random things. We had a great time with the Danish boys we were roomies with! There was a mud cave in this cave where apparently the mud has lots of minerals good for your health. We all got in and had a blast sliding down the slide and getting in big mud fights!!! From there you wash off and go into a hot spring pool! It was soo great to be fully warm for awhile!!!!
After the cave and hot springs we got dinner across the road before heading back to town. We headed out last night for Beer pong with all the Danish boys and lots of other foreigners. We made some friends with American girls, lost at beer pong but just barely and got our butts kicked at foosball. All and all it was a ton of fun but the night had to end when we finally got so cold we couldn’t handle it anymore as they don’t heat their bars either!

This morning we got up and found a great restaurant that had. Western style breakfast for cheap. It was huge! We then rented bikes and headed out to the countryside to bike through the mountains and by the river. It was absolutely beautiful and we had. Great time! The mountains in the countryside and along the river were amazing! They all almost look like giant gumdrops! And it was finally a little warmer and the sun came out for a bit today!

Quotes:
Jeppe (Danish friend): it’s ok, it’s ok, cause she’s retarded. (talking about how summer almost lost the game of beer pong for her and Chelsy)
Chelsy: (laughing hysterically) I love him for saying that, especially after that picture you took earlier today!

Chelsy: does he think he’s going to win because of his lifesaver shirt (about nils’ striped shirt)
Nils: I don’t even know what lifesavers are!

We had dinner near the cave and then came back to head out with our new Danish friends to a bar to challenge lots of people in beer pong. We had a great day, made great friends with the Danish boys and think were gonna have a blast in Yangshuo!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *