BootsnAll Travel Network



Rafting on the yulong river

So we’ve had some days of relaxing and we’ve done some biking in the country among the gumdrop mountains. One day we biked out to where you can hire a raft and went on an hour raft ride down the river. It was so fun. It’s these really long bamboo rafts and there’s about 10 pieces tied together and then two chairs attached to the raft. Then you have a guy with a huge bamboo pole and he pushes you along the bottom of the river. The cool part was there were a couple little dams they take you up and down. To go up they pull the front of the bamboo raft up on two poles that roll and then they slide you along. We went up two of these dams, and the second one was much bigger so we had to get off the raft to get it up the river. The real fun was going back down these dams. The big one was so cool. You just took your raft right back over the rollers. And as you went down they took photos and your raft is completely submerged at one point! Its super fun and they almost treat it like a rollercoaster ride!

Today we went to a nearby town named fuli and there was a market there. It was neat to go to. They had all kinds of things you could buy but the cool part to see was these small pools that had fish in them so you just go pick out your live fish you want to eat for dinner. We tried some fried bread type stuff and we saw our first dog that was meant to be eaten! It was also pretty funny cause towards the back of the market there were men getting shaved right out in the open and people getting their teeth worked on or cleaned in buildings that didn’t have doors!

We’ve really enjoyed Yangshuo and have one more day before our night bus to hong kong!

Quotes:
Chelsy: uggh these are so weird! This was good until those weird little gummy things were in it!! (freaking out after spitting out juice she was drinking!)

Sir Jep: look at this little poop I got for my phone…. And while were on the subject if anyone in this room for some reason happens to have diaherea we have these pills…..
(discussing how to tell matias we have diaherea pills without saying we know he has diaherea)



Tags:

4 responses to “Rafting on the yulong river”

  1. Lindsey says:

    Your stories take me back to when I was in China. Wish I was there with you… it sounds like you are having tons of fun, and that you need another layer or 5. 🙂 Also, question for you – did you eat that dog or what?

    Side note- we took our engagement photos today so once I get a link to them, I’ll send them your way!

    miss you!

  2. Summers dad says:

    I told you they eat dog! try it . Tastes like beef. Poor pookie! Ruff Ruff. Yes I wish I was there with you also. Have fun!!! Love Dad

  3. Dawn says:

    Love the river ride story. I hope I can try that some day. Love you, Mom

  4. Summer says:

    Hey guys! No dog…… At least not yet! Wish you all could be here too! Anyone who wants to visit is welcome!! Just let us know what day you’re flying in and well meet up!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *