BootsnAll Travel Network



The mystery is solved

So today was spent at the beach! It was really nice and I found that wearing headphones helps to not have to talk for at least an hour to absolutely everyone that walks by! I left in the afternoon as it was so hot and I had gotten so much sun the day before, and when I returned there were TONS of locals everywhere! It was really cool, you could hear drums, see people dancing, watch people cruise up and down the beach like it was college ave. on a Friday night ( thought you’d like that Appleton reference sept!) and watch people wrestling. In Senegal this wrestling is popular and it seems similar to sumo except smaller much more fit men! But these boys would roll up their shorts so it looked like they were wearing diapers and then wrestle each other to the ground for about 3 hours! And if they weren’t wrestling they were doing pushups! It was really cool to be around and great to see so many locals enjoying themselves and not bothering me!!

What mystery did I solve?? The mystery of why so many guys follow me around even if I can’t speak with them! And the answer is I think they want me to make them my Senegalese boyfriend or husband. I only just heard it referee to once I got south to an area where the europeans have homes and are much more common but it is a common thing for Europeans to come here and have Senegalese wives or husbands or boy/girlfriends. It’s actually really sad in all ways, but really sad that I think all that’s in it for the Senegalese is to have good food and a nice bed and home while it lasts, of course I could be wrong and there may be money involved as well. Chelsy and I also saw this happening in Kenya too! Amazing though because africa’s the last place I would want to find a prostitute!

Anyways you will all be happy to know I turn all my followers down and normally try to leave them as soon as possible! Though I did get sone hand carved gifts from one of them today! He even gave me one for mom and dad too!



Tags:

2 responses to “The mystery is solved”

  1. dad says:

    Hey Summer! Just want you to know that I am reading. I like to hear from you often.I’m glad to hear your in a little nicer area. I can’t get over that you are there by yourself. I guess i become more insecure in my old age. Anyway ; Have fun , Be safe. Miss you. Love Dad

  2. Summer says:

    Thanks for reading! And being by myself is no problem! Everyone is so nice, no need to worry!! Miss you and love you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *