BootsnAll Travel Network



Pyramids, temples and felucca oh my!

I met my tour group and just had a chill day. We have one guy and 4 girls for the first two weeks and then there will be 3 of us girls for the last week. We have our tour guide George, we all find it pretty funny to ask him lots of questions, Leanna from Singapore, And Sarah Jack an Emily from Australia. We all get along fairly well so that is good! We went to the egyptian museum, really really cool. we saw king tuts headress, so amazing!! and an actual mummy, it had been robbed at some point but you could actually see the toes!!

After the museum we headed out to the pyramids! They are
AMAZING!!! As we drove up I had goosebumps, they are so huge
and right in the middle of the city. The whole place was super cool!
We also saw the sphyinx which is actually smaller than expected but
also cool! And when they say that Egypt is hot in the sunmer they weren’t kidding!! We feel like were  melting all the time.

That night we all went out to dinner and  then walked along the nile and ended up at a bowling alley right on the river. The bowling alley was really fun because they made us get in line and wait because they would only turn on two lanes so they could save power!

The next day we headed down to aswan on the night train and had a free day. We mostly just swam and hung by the pool, and that night we had dinner on the river and then drinks on the rooftop of the hotel. The next day we met up with another tour that we have been with for 4 days. This group is the tour guide and then Tom the british guy and Sara and Bree from Australia.  This was my  birthday!! so for my birthday we all went to the Philae temple which we had to get to by a little boat, and then we went to a nubian village and a traditional nubian dinner. It was so cool and then when we got back later at night to the hotel we all walked up to the rooftop together and Mario and George had set up with the hotel to have a huge cake and snacks so we could sit up there and have a rooftop party for my birthday!! It was so nice of them and awesome!! It was the first birthday cake and candle I had in 2 years so it was cool!!!

The next day was a little rough cause most of us were going on little to no sleep as we had our rooftop party and had to leave at 3:30 am to get to Abu Simbel. Abu Simbel is quite the drive and you get escorted by police so you have to leave super early! But the temple was amazing!! There are 4 HUGE sitting statues of Ramses II out in front and then a little smaller temple with huge statues for his wife! It was really really neat. After returning later in the afternoon we loaded up our stuff and headed for our first day on the felucca. A felucca is basically an old sailing boat with a HUGE mast. It was really neat. We spent 3 days sailing on the felucca and just swimming in the nile, playing games, having fires on the beach and sleeping  under the stars on the felucca!

We are now in luxor and have seen lots of temples and the Valley of the Kings where king tuts tomb was found. So far we are having a blast and im loving my group! I’ll try to be in touch soon again with pics maybe but am not sure on my internet situations from now on!!



Tags:

4 responses to “Pyramids, temples and felucca oh my!”

  1. Lindsey says:

    sounds “really neat” 🙂

  2. Dawn says:

    Linds – so sarcastic. I love it. Summer Love, I have to say, I can’t imagine anyone reading this isn’t wishing they were there. It sounds fantastic! Love you, Mom

  3. Lindsey says:

    hehe

  4. september says:

    Facebook: Off to hurgy and the red sea today!! Snorkeling at giftun island tomorrow!! And one less day in Cairo and an extra day in dahab is awesome!!!6/30
    Summer Is in love with dahab and all the trouble it brings! And I pumped for one more blow out night.7/7

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *