BootsnAll Travel Network



Oahu and the sharks

We have been having a great time in Oahu. We have hiked to the makapu’u lighthouse, pali highway look out, driven the whole island and we have been joined by my friend Lange from the ship. We have a four bedroom house in Wahiawa.. so it’s a little extreme but still nice with a great view of the mountains. The other day we were driving around the southeast end of the island and I convinced Lange to hike up to the top of Koko Crater. It is 1,048 steps up! I almost died, once you start heading up the stairs the elevation hits you and it is terrible! But once you get to the top the view is all worth it! We spent an entire day at the Polynesian Cultural Center, which was cool because Lange had a friend who worked there, so it was like having a personal tour guide to take us around. Today we went cage diving with sharks. It was great! Four people at a time get in the cage and when we were in we had about 6 – 8 sharks swimming all around us. Some of them close enough that you can almost touch them. It was so cool! The tour guides told us they were sandbar sharks. They were probably 4 – 8 feet long. We were unable to find bigger sharks because they were being hunted by pilot whales but im just happy we got to swim with these sharks!

Tomorrow we will hit up Pearl harbor before preparing to say my goodbyes to the beautiful islands of Hawaii and return to the mainland for awhile!

 



Tags:

2 responses to “Oahu and the sharks”

  1. Lindsey says:

    was that expensive to do? I’d love to go swimming with the sharks!!

  2. Summer says:

    It’s about a hundred bucks there… But they said they may be passing a law which would mean by summer they wouldn’t be able to do it anymore! It’s so cool! I wanna do it w great white’s someday!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *