BootsnAll Travel Network



Marrakesh

So I made it to morroco and boy was i excited! No more senegalese to try to follow me around and Marry me and a lot more europeans and Americans to talk with! And there was green grass and trees again!!
I flew very early into Casablanca and got right on a train to marrakesh! Everyone says that marrakesh is crazy and my first night out in the square it definitely was! It was Saturday so everyone was out for the night. I made some friends, David and Kaitlin, right away in the hostel and after showering and letting it cool down outside we headed to the main square! Yea it’s crazy and everytime you walk through the streets there is a very high chance of getting hit by a motorbike but I LOVE it! Especially after having no one around in Senegal!
The square at night is full of people, snake charmers, magicians, women doing henna, they set up restaurants and have booths that sell fresh squeezed orange juice for forty cents! It’s great, it’s crazy and on a Saturday night it’s packed!!
We got dinner at one of the restaurants, couscous and tagine, and tHen had orange juice and spent most the night wandering around people watching! At the end of the night when you’re done as tired you weave your way back to the hostel and sit one the rooftop terrace talking with all the other people from the hostel.
I spent the two days there seeing the palace, the saadian tombs, the medersa and the museum, and of course wandering the souqs (stands/shops). All the old buildings are made with tiles Madrid bright blue, greens and whites, it is really very pretty. In the afternoons by about 1 pm we would get so hot that we would go back and just hang out with everyone in the hostel til it cooled off a little until it cooled off some. I think during the days it’s about 45 degrees celcius, I think around 90 fahrenheit, thank god it’s dry heat, but still so hot!
Today I made the journey to fez and have mostly just been making friends in the hostel as fez doesn’t stay open as late, and tomorrow I’ll go explore the city. I found out nearby there is a cherry festival starting on Thursday so I think I better be here long enough to attend!! So far I’m really enjoying morocco!



Tags:

8 responses to “Marrakesh”

  1. dad says:

    Hello Summer!!!! glad to hear from you. Morrocco does sound like it was fun. You’re living large! Please be safe and know that we miss you and Love you. Have Fun. Love, Dad.

  2. Summer says:

    Love you too dad! I think even you would like morocco! Haha! Much more modern than the rest of Africa even if still less than the US! Miss you and love you too!

  3. Ron Robbins says:

    This is awesome! I would love to be there. To experience the scenery, the culture, the environment!!! AGGHH!!! Can’t wait for my trip in September!!! Keep having fun and happy travels! Keep up the great entires, they’re fantastic!

  4. Lindsey says:

    Hey summer, nice icon… weirdo! Mexico was fun, but Morrocco sounds like it’s more fun! I literally can hardly wait to see your photos! Let me know when you plan to be in MN and I’ll take a few days off work so we can spend some QT together! XO

  5. Summer says:

    Haha! You’ll prob be disapppointed I didn’t take enough pics! Haha! And I didn’t pick the icon it just got added somehow! I will def tell ya when I’m gonna be there! And we are def gonna have some qt time together!! Miss you and love you!

  6. Christina says:

    Hey Summer! I just got caught up on all of your blog posts, WOW! Sounds like you are having quite an experience! What a crazy time having a bath with seeds?!?! It is so fun to read these adventures. 🙂 Enjoy Morocco…. I am excited to see more photos of that place as I am sure it is beautiful! See you in a couple months!

  7. Summer says:

    Thanks Tina!! I’m excited to see you and the fam as well!!

  8. Mom says:

    Hey Love, It’s great to see your pics – especially of you! And to hear the news. As always, it sounds like you are having great adventures. I’m so glad. Love you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *