BootsnAll Travel Network



Fez

So marrakesh is definitely the tourist capital of morocco. But fez I definitely older and you can tell by how much more narrow the streets are, and taller the buildings are! I spent the day with my friends Christy and malou wandering and getting lost in the medina, the oldest city in morocco! It is narrow streets and shops everywhere with little hidden treasures of mosques, medersas and old palaces. The buildings seem to go to the sky and the streets sometimes end in dead ends but it’s still fun to wander in. The reputation of the men is true and especially when you are three girls, two of them blonde, but I can handle it and you just ignore it.
We saw the tanneries, where they dye and make all the leather goods. It was so cool and really neat to just sit above all the large pots of dye and watch them work, though the smell is not great so you get a piece of mint to help you stay fresh. The reason for the bad smell, they soak the leather in pigeon poo and cow urine.
We also went to a scarf and carpet shop and watched how they worked the looms and how they made patterns and we also stopped and saw how they made argon oil. Overall it was a really great day and we spent about 6 hours just wandering and getting lost in the great old city of fez!



Tags:

4 responses to “Fez”

  1. Lindsey says:

    gotta love the factory tours!

  2. september says:

    Wow! I can almost see the colors and smell the acidic and earthen smell! Sounds cool!

  3. Mom says:

    You are making me want to get back to my travels again! Love you always, Mom.

  4. Summer says:

    Hehe! That’s my plan this whole time!! Did you get my emails on Russia?? Miss you and love you too!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *