BootsnAll Travel Network



Hostel like a family stay

So my hostel in Dakar is more like a family stay, and they are all very nice. Most the day I spent wandering the area and then sitting on the beach until I couldn’t take all the people sitting to can’t with me! Haha! Mostly cause it’s all men and it starts to creep you out after awhile!
The young daughter, she’s 18, of the owners invited me to go to the market with her and it was a true African market selling absolutely everything and small little alleys between stalls. They also invited me to have dinner as well which was some rice and spices with chunks of fish in it, it tasted and smelled and I guess kind of looked like dog food, but I managed to choke some down. They all eat out of the same dish as well. I then hung out with the girl while she sang American hip hop and she also danced like a Senegalese for me in the kitchen! I will not ever be heading to a disco here as I will just look like an idiot!

Needless to say it was an experience and they were very nice! I’m excited to head out of the city and off to the ile de goree! Thanks for the comments!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *