BootsnAll Travel Network



Back to ship life

I got back yesterday and after getting through all the lines to sign on and am finally a little situated. I am in a room with an older phillipino lady, Edna, who seems very nice and leaves in 3 weeks 🙂 and a girl, Jessica, who just started for her first time ever yesterday but she is going to be a bar server. They both seem really nice but Chelsy and I are already plotting how to make it so when she signs back on from vacation she can live with me!! I only have two problems with Edna, first that our bathroom smells like pee and she apparently can’t smell it and doesn’t think it’s bad, while I hate it and am off to get cleaning supplies and air freshners, and the second is that she is on a complete opposite schedule than me! She gets up at 4:30 am to get to work at 5 every morning, and last contract there were days i didn’t get done with work until 3 or 4:30 in the morning!! But we only have to deal with this for 3 weeks so I am sure I can handle it!! Jessica seems like she is gonna be very fun so I’m excited to have her in there, I just have to figure out how to get Chelsy in there. I also have a small room! The rooms are set up in a couple different ways and my way is small:(! But on a good note I got back to the ship to find out I’m bartending! I am working at the front bar portion of mardi GRAS, which is the ships night club. This means late nights but an awesome schedule to get out and see the island! I don’t work today until 7 pm!! And bartending also means nicer paychecks, so I’m hoping this means I will be permanent soon as hopefully at least two permanent positions opened yesterday because people didn’t come back! The first day back was good, they had a crew party last night in gold rush and there was karaoke and luckily I didn’t work last night so it was good to catch up with everyone! But it is definitely a little adjustment to being back to ship life! Today I’m headed out to the beach with Chelsy and Becky, who lives on Maui! Hope everyone is still good at home, I had a great time on vacation and I miss you all already!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *