BootsnAll Travel Network



Central American Grab Bag

While we wait for the truck to continue our South American foray, we just wanted to post some photos we didn’t get a chance to share from Central America. They were taken in December.

zip it!

Dan on a zipline canopy tour in Nicaragua. It is called a canopy tour so that it takes on the air of eco-tourism, a popular term these days. However, it is really just a great excuse to zip through the trees and get an adrenaline rush.

San Juan del Sur boat

A boat washed ashore at San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Just some purty light on a rusty hulk.

Volcan Irazu

The crater of Volcan Irazu, Costa Rica.

bite me

A guest in our room on the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. I go to take a shower and as I touch the shower curtain to pull it back I notice this little critter hanging out in the folds of the curtain. Often Giselle screams moderately when there is a creepy crawler about so I ease her into this one. “Honey, there is something you shouldn’t see in the bathroom.”

scorpion closeup

The same guest, close up.



Tags: , ,

4 Responses to “Central American Grab Bag”

  1. dorothy Says:

    Great pictures! I have been wanting to do a canopy tour, can’t wait to hear more about yours. (Well, OK. I can wait. But then I want to hear about it!)

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Giselle Says:

    You zip from tree platform to tree platform. A guy helps you take off from one, and another guy helps you land at the next. It’s fun!

    Please answer your email! I’ve been sending you messages.

  4. Posted from Peru Peru
  5. autóalkatrész bolt Says:

    I dugg some of you post as I thought they were very beneficial extremely helpful

  6. Posted from Spain Spain
  7. Administrator Says:

    Thanks, Glad you like the blog!

  8. Posted from United States United States