BootsnAll Travel Network



Sweets – India

This is my candy rating system for India, so don’t worry about a thing. I’ll make it easy for you all to have quality sweets (candy) in India.! You just sit back and let Sarah (Smith) and I do all the work for you! This grueling work was done by us while we travelled in the south of India earlier this year. We’ve both sacrificed for you, so enjoy…

OK, the rating system is on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. It’s supposed to be on a world scale as well, (meaning that a 10 would be up there with anything in the world) but after a few crappy candies we became much more lenient.

Mayfair (Parle), Toffee judge – The taste and texture was a disappointment.
It getts a 3!

Trifany, Milk Eclair – Shitty texture and cheap tast.
We gave it a 5! See, already getting lenient.

Nashi’s Kaju Malai (TM) – Packaging was top notch! Taste improves with further chewing, though it was soapy to begin.
That one gets a 1&1/2 on the packaging alone!

Nestle Milkybar Eclairs – Damn! Tasts like an Eclair!
That one gets a 6! Lost a point for being Nestle!

Trifany, Honey Drops – Ruff!
You’re only gett’n a 2!

Golden Delight, Royal milk Caramel Candy – Texture is shit, taste is shit, but made a comeback at the end…
1&1/2 for you, the length of the name gets you an extra half.

Craze, Trouble Shooter – Intriguing name… The best words to describe it would be – pain and torture! The paper stuck to the candy as well.
BOOM! ZERO!

Just so you all know (not that anyone’s actually gonna read this), I’ve convinced the dude that works in this internet cafe (in Kolkata) that this is very important work and it’s very private! He’s been staring at me for a while now… OK, back to work!

Lux (Parle) – Packaging OK, Texture garbage, taste shitty!
1&1/2 for yu!

Candyman Choco Eclairs – Fake choco and not enough, but a pleasant relief after the last one! They tried…
4 – Cause we’re in a good mood.

Dairy (Parle) – Looks same as other Parle’s. The best part was finishing it!
1

Butterscotch Rings (Pony) – Below average Butterscotch.
4

Lofitos Coffee Cream Candy (Perfetti) – Overkill on the packaging! Tasts good, gets better as it goes.
7

Alpenliebe Rich Milky Caramel Toffee – Tasts great! Smooth texture and packaging is average, but it tasts like a rich milky caramel toffee!
7&1/2

Alpenliebe Strawberry – Same as above, but um, strawberry! Tasts even better!
8

That’s as far as I’ve gotten. Rest assured though, if there’s a decent candy out there, I’ll find it…



Tags:

One Response to “Sweets – India”

  1. Mark Says:

    I find it hard to believe! I do not think I ever found a candy I did not like. Wait! In Paris remember? Never mind that was CHEESE! LOL!

  2. Posted from United States United States