BootsnAll Travel Network



Yeah, I’ve been there!

It doesn’t really count, but it looks cool to have “Bhutan!” in my blog…

Actually, I wanted to go in for the day, but they stopped the free day pass thingie from Jaigon (India) to Phuntsoling (Bhutan).

I had to use 25% of my Ninja skillz to talk them into letting Sarah and I in for just two hours. Even though I didn’t get a nice beautiful stamp in my passport, I was still happy.

We wandered around, took a few pictures (that had an address in Bhutan visible, yeah, to show off), had a chai, a conversation with a local and got some currancy. We were only there for about an hour when I thought it would be a good idea to check a local market.

We walked through a little gate with some guards minding there own business (we didn’t really notice them) and checked the place out. After a few minutes, we continued in the same direction and we both started noticing the signs on the stores. They had Indian addresses! We came to the conclusion that we must have somehow left Bhutan, with out even knowing it!! Never seen a boarder like that in my life!

Anyway, we went back to the REAL boarder crossing and told the immigration dude that we wanted to go back through, since we did have half an hour left (he said we could stay for 2 hours). He had our passports in his hands and gave us a stressed out “NO”! Guess he wasn’t to happy about us passing his guards unnoticed…

Does that mean that we were kicked out of Bhutan? That’s pretty cool huh!



Tags:

Comments are closed.