BootsnAll Travel Network



New Year’s Eve Eve

It seems like every year I blow it out on New Year’s Eve Eve. Last year it was (accidentally) breaking in to an apartment complex in Manhattan and stealing a bottle of cooking sherry with the Scottish guy (we thought it was wine), the year before it was driving around New Orleans in a taxi with some guy from Arizona at 7:00 in the morning. Don’t remember his name either. We called him Arizona. So why would this year be any different? We found ourselves in Byron Bay at the Byron Beach Bar, where all of the Pretty people hang out.

So we had drinks. For me, that meant approximately $60 down the tube and only a mild buzz. I don’t know how often I can stress the importance of sticking with beer or wine. It’s SO much cheaper. The pre-mixed whiskey drinks with Coke are really popular. Like the Jim Beam and Coke in a can. Funny. The only time I’ve drank them at home was on canoing trips where glass bottles weren’t allowed.

Guess what? No Captain Morgan here. I think America’s number uno advantage to the rest of the world is that we have Captain Morgan’s. Everything else is crap, but we have great spiced rum.

Despite the lack of Captain, I still managed to get drunk enough to pee in between the vans of the surfing school on the way back to the hotel. I know it’s gross. But it REALLY was a long walk. You would have done the same after walking about a mile AFTER standing in the after-hours club line for 45 minutes.

Best part of the day? Seeing the beer bottle sitting on the ledge outside the Detox Center.

– Carrie



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *