BootsnAll Travel Network



North Peru

I spent my last few days in Peru visiting a few places in the far north.  I spent 2 days in Chiclayo, a  big city but it doesn´t have much for tourists.  I went on a tour which visited an archaeological site and a couple of museums about pre-Incan tombs found in the area.  There aren´t many foreign tourists in this part of Peru, and I was the only non-Peruvian on the tour.  For everyone else the highlight of the tour seemed to be when we drove past the house where Miss World 1988 grew up, but I found the museums more interesting.  The following day I went a couple of hours further north to Piura, mainly just because I had a spare day before meeting up with Cathy, my friend from home.  There wasn´t much to do in the city so I went to a nearby village which apparently has the biggest craft market in Northern Peru.  And yes it was big, but practically everyone was selling the same things and most of them were wooden spoons, so I wasn´t too impressed by that.

 

My next stop was Mancora, a very nice little town on the beach a few hours from the border with Ecuador.  Here I met up with Cathy and we spent the following day catching up on the beach, before spending the next day travelling to Ecuador. 

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply