BootsnAll Travel Network



More cycling and a trip to the moon

Today we hired bikes, this time with our room-mate, Suzanne and went to Moon Hill. It is about 10k south of Yangshuo and is a limestone karst structure with a big hole all the way through it shaped like a half moon. We climbed up to the moon, followed all the way by a woman trying sell us drinks. We had made it quite clear that we didn’t want any drinks because we had brought some with us but she would not give up or give us any peace at all. Suzanne asked how much a can of coke was and they were 20 yuan – more than you would pay at home. And then she felt sorry for the woman and bought one! Anyway that aside it was a very nice spot and one of the best places for climbing in China apparently. There were about 14 bolted routes that had been put up by some American climbers a few years ago. We had a great view from the top. Then we cycled to the river to cool off. Suzanne actually swam but we just had a paddle and then cycled back to Yangshuo along the river for a very late lunch. During lunch we were pestered incessantly by women trying to sell us souvenirs etc. They just won’t leave you alone. It makes me quite angry at times when they just barge into your meal and conversation and just go on and on and on.
We are catching the sleeper bus to Hong Kong tonight at 8.30pm. I don’t know how much sleep we will get the way they drive here. I envisage all the passengers ending up in a heap on the floor by about 11pm. Will keep you posted.

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply