Winter in Gangneung

10 Feb

The weather has gotten bitter. So bitter, in fact, that my kindergarteners cheered when I asked them, “Did the temperature get warmer or cooler?” after our morning calendar/weather bit. They’re awaiting a HUGE snowfall. They wished, and hoped, and dreamed… and just after I returned from California… it happened.

T H E S N O W S T O R M .



In order to stay warm, we distracted ourselves with food, singing, and drinking. The following is a photo representation of how the Seasonal Affective Disorder can be avoided as long as you surround yourself with fun, friends, and food.

Being out in the cold isn’t so bad if it’s sunny, and your strapped to a board which may, or may not, cause you to slip fall and break yourself! We boarded at YongPyeong one saturday, it was GREAT. I CAN ‘S CURVE’ I SWEAR!!!

WHICH brings me to…. MISS AMY’s BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! We picked up her brother, Scotty, from Seoul and wandered around Hongdae to celebrate.

Scott tried to teach Amy’s students how to dance before he left…

One Response to “Winter in Gangneung”

  1. momma 13. Apr, 2008 at 5:49 pm #

    Yo always crack me up…so free and fun-loving whatever the circumstances! Love to my crazy daughter.

Leave a Reply