Spiderwebs and Spirographs

29 Apr

Oh all the money that ere I spent, I spent it in good company.  And all the harm that ere I’ve done, alas it was to none but me.  And all I’ve done, for want of wit, to memory now I can’t recall.  So fill to me a parting glass, “Goodnight and joy be with you all.”  Oh all the comrades that ere I’ve had, are sorry for my going away.  And all the lovers that ere I’ve had, would wish me one more day to stay.  But since it falls into my lot that I should rise and you should not… I’ll gently rise and I’ll softly call… “Goodnight and joy be with you all.”

What is reality but your own sensory perception of that which ‘is?’  My senses are heightened, naturally I might add.  I mean, colors are so bright and beautiful, smells strong and remniscent of emotion, clarity of sound, textures, touch, tastes, are all available at each moment.  I’m glimpsing what it is like to be here now.  Three months for me ended up being the best thing I could ever do for myself; the lessons are endless.  I’m informed, I’m educated, I’m a certified yoga instructor!  Gratitude to all my teachers, from all walks of life, put into my life to guide me along this jungle path.

The Golden Nuggets (and how they were learned):

  • The universe always delivers.  (Getting what I am intended to receive, always.) 
  • Beauty lies the struggle.  (Yorron taught me this.)
  • The magic of the moment is within me.  (The illusion of love spells.)
  • Sense gratification is merely perpetuating the enslavement to desire.  (Benzy, chocolate museli bars and smokes.)
  • Above all, allow to be.  (Homie G.)
  • Love is bliss, so enjoy every second of it, wherever you find it.  (Selina <3)
  • Never give up.  (My good old sensei)
  • Are you breathing?  (David)
  • Awareness, action, then mastery.  (Karl, thank you!)
  • Every moment is a chance to recreate yourself.  (Des)
  • Thoughts embraced by emotion and intention creates manifestation.  (Marnie, Michelle, everyone really)
  • In the face of fear, breathe into your heart.  (Kyndra the mermaid)
  • Be soft, gentle, draw back your claws.  (My white tiger)
  • All good things in moderation, moderation in moderation.  (Life and Ari)
  • Offer love and compassion in the face of suffering.  (Everyone)
  • Aham sat chit ananda; I am truth beauty and bliss.  (Marina)
  • It’s perfect.  Every moment is perfect.  (Michelle)

 We are all unique beautiful creatures with some unfortunate habits, but we have power in the struggle to acknowledge the beauty and mportance of emotion, social interaction, and community.

 It’s all coming together, spiderwebs of spirograph connections.  To really integrate, I’m going to hole up in a tent on a beach for awhile.  For the selfish/selfless quest to give appropriate time and space for expansion.  Next stop, India and Nepal! 

2 Responses to “Spiderwebs and Spirographs”

  1. graeme 30. Apr, 2009 at 12:24 am #

    Those are some beautiful things you have learned. It is amazing everything appears when the time is right, and lessons need to be learned. I think there is a certain meaning to our life that is much greater than we can realize. The people we touch and teach do the same to us. In that way we as humans can do great things by just being. Good luck on the next stages of your journey, and keep touching those you surround yourself with.

  2. Ashley 30. Apr, 2009 at 7:38 am #

    http://maggiedoyne.squarespace.com/

    Melissa, heard anything about this? This story brings me to the verge of tears almost daily (I’m such a weenie!). Another Jersey girl all the way across the world, doing big things. You mentioned Nepal so I figured I’d pass along the link.

    So glad to see you’re so happy! <3

Leave a Reply