Late Twenties, Halloween, and Mykal

31 Oct

Obviously speaking… life is change.  This past month EVERYTHING is changing.  I’m entering a no-man’s-land that some may refer to as ‘late twenties,’ which includes re-evaluating all the decisions and experiences in the past 25 years as well as preparing “a plan” for the next 25.  I am generally a planless sort of girl, but lately I’ve been more motivated (thankfully!)  Another big change is that I have a full-time companion from the states.  My friend Mykal (don’t you know him?) arrived on Halloween and will be staying in Surat for the next month or months (he’s not sure, he likes it) to generally look around, learn, travel, and help out where he can (as well as enjoy the pleasure of my company.  Ha ha ha.) 

Bye bye lonelillies.  Not that I was excruciatingly lonely before he arrived, but I was feeling the bits of thorns and bramble that you often experience when you stumble off your path.    So, I found my paved road again, and it was there all along, as it always is.

 Of course questioning decisions comes along with analyzing the past.  I sometimes envision my life if my decisions were different.  Only, without remorse, because IT IS WHAT IT IS.  I’ve learned a ton, and I feel happy in the moment.  If I don’t, I meditate on it.

Today, the future is the biggest challenge in my mind.  I don’t know what’s in store for me.  I want a lot of different things.  My family and friends want a lot of different things for me, too.  I have time to figure out ‘it all’, and am reminding myself this whenever I feel overwhelmed.

For Halloween (and our birthday) Mykal and I went to Khanom with a crew of other farang.  We traveled in two VW buses, mixing endless buckets and listening to endless reggae covers.  After a swim and a nap, a few girls and I transformed into Thai schoolgirl zombies.  We bought the costumes at the real school uniform shop, and I must admit, we looked pretty disgusting!  (Though, nothing compared to last year… Oh KOREA!)

We won a costume contest, 3rd place, the prize being a bottle of Sangsom rum which was immediately taken care of.  After a bit of dancing and socializing, we headed back to the beach where we had previously set up camp.  The stars were brilliant and popping out of the blackness like braille.  The sea was calm and warm.  We swam to John Mayer softly flowing from the vans as well as the snap and crackle of a big coconut wood bonfire.  The phospherescence (sp?) was magical in the water.  Every time you moved, like a wizard with a wand, your movements trailed blue silver sparkling bits. 

I felt suspended between the vastness of the universe and the unknown mysteries of the space around me.  Time, age, future, planning, past… it all disappeared.  I was entranced.

And now.  I’m warming up to the idea of having a constant Jersey-speaking companion.  My ideas are being challenged and I’m certainly feeling inspiration as my Pyramid yoga course start date draws nearer (February 4!).

Thank you for all your love and support.  I had so many emails  and love notes on my birthday.  I feel totally blessed to have such beautiful caring people in my life.  Thank you!  Even though I’m not there, I think of you all the time.  Always in my heart, and with me through ‘it all!’  LOVE golden LOVE!

 xoxoxo 

One Response to “Late Twenties, Halloween, and Mykal”

  1. momma 06. Nov, 2008 at 11:22 am #

    Lissa,
    You are always loved and blessed with good fortune. Because you give so much to the WORLD, you receive all you need. Not always what you want, but definitely what you need. “The universe always delivers” to you. Appreciate it and the rest will reveal itself in its own time. Wish I was there too…
    Love, Momma

Leave a Reply