Kohhhhhh Phangan, Thailand

26 Apr

The only way to truly experience this place is to exhale deeply when you say it.

From KoPhangan, Th…

Though parts are overcrowded by foreigners, the island maintains so much natural beauty.  The coast differs greatly from rocky shore to powder white sandy beaches.  The coral reef around the northern tip is full of schools of colored fish, many of which Bubs and I have recently learned about in the Osaka aquarium. 

We are having a beautiful time here.  The air is moist, the beach is always right nearby.  It’s a bit hot at times, sometimes it will rain thunderous downpours for hours and hours, and it’s also a bit expensive (for Thailand).. but I love it here.

 The main reason I love it here is because I have recently learned of the Pyramid Yoga Teacher Training Program that is held in the northwest jungle.  Marnie, a beautiful faerie / photographer / yogini / artiste I met while teaching in Korea has just finished her course.  She couldn’t glow any brighter.  The course not only teaches you asanas (physical postures) but delves deeply into the metaphysical world of sacred geometry, chakras, and chanting.

 So Bubs and I have magnetized a troupe of four.  Adam Shane dropped in for a visit on his way to somewhere else, plus one Marnie equals a magical four day stay on the secluded and quiet bottle beach, and numerous adventures including a 4 hour jungle trek in the pouring rain (unintentional, of course).

The people on this island are about half foreigner half Thai.  This worries me. 

Marnie and I depart in a few days for Chiang Mai, a city in the north of Thailand.  I will join her in a 12-day Thai massage course in the mountains (if you thought I gave good back rubs before… pheeewww!) and then meet up with Bubs for some jungle explorations.

The biggest dilemma in my life is as follows:

“Should I stay or should I go now?”

I am applying for the yoga teacher training program at Pyramid for next year.  February 2009 until April 2009, back in Thailand and  learning to surround myself with purple energy forcefields and shaping my body and mind into tip top condition.  When I am accepted, I have this big decision to make.  I need help making it.

If I go home, I will spend a lot on a flight.  Then car insurance, gas prices, find a job, catch up fun.  Then another flight back in 6 months.

O R

Or, I could teach somewhere for 6 months, still traveling, and save up enough for the course.  Maybe Australia?

That’s where my mind is.  Once I figure it out, I will be all anicca and awareness.  But for now, mitote.  Mental chaos. 

2 Responses to “Kohhhhhh Phangan, Thailand”

  1. jessie 01. May, 2008 at 11:59 am #

    you’re never coming home, are you?

  2. Sara Casey 08. May, 2008 at 9:27 am #

    Are you okay? Haven’t heard from you in a bit, and I’m hoping you didn’t go on a last minute jaunt to Burma recently. Email me back please!

    And BE SAFE OUT THERE! 🙂

Leave a Reply