Hualien, Taiwan

9 Apr

Just stepping out of that air conditioned airport and into the humid warm Taiwanese morning… that is all that did it.

 I AM REVIVED.

I didn’t know I felt like Japan was slowing dissipating my soul, that is, until I left.  Being in the warm air, amidst common non-citified folk, I noticed a skip in  my step… a tune in my voice.

Global warming is having its affects everywhere I go, it seems.  The April weather is in the mid 90s with HIGH humidity.

The small town we are staying is on Taiwan’s eastern coast, just below Tarako National park, known for its natural granite-filled gorges and beautiful mountains.  It is a laid back beachy type town, close to surfing and ultratouristy in the summer months.  Only now, now is the best time to visit.  The locals haven’t seen many travelers and are enthralled to practice their English helping us around, the prices for food and lodging haven’t skyrocketed, and the weather is perfect for taking days slow and breathing.

We are going to try to sleep two to my tent on the beach for a few nights.  I think its possible, Bubbs has his doubts.

A week, some beaches, some granite gorges, and then THAILAND!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply