Barcelona

14 Oct

Barcelona. The weather, the pace, the beach, the whole scene makes me think of southern california. We walked down to the beach from our hostel off Las Ramblas. Tons of people were surfing, windsurfing, hanging on the beach with a 40, a dog, or a guitar. THIS IS MY KIND OF PLACE. The drowned rats I could do without, but you take the bad with the good, right? Communicating in Spain is much easier than in France – I actually understand what is going on. I’m still pretty intimidated to speak spanish to the spanish speakers, especially when I have to start the conversation.

Our hostel had two beverage machines. One full of beer, one full of water, one euro each.

We explored the marina, and warned Scot not to venture off…

… or else he might get eaten by the crazy red-eyed bunnies that were hopping around.

Kyle and I posed for a picture near the boats…

… then headed down to the beach to check out the surf.



Kyle and I found this enormous bouncy kids jungle gym and raced to the top. It was windy up there.. you can tell… just check out my ‘do.

We took a train out to a beaUUUtiful beach. We walked on the jetty.

Then we watched the sunset. The day was perfect.




The signs were confusing. There were fishermen there, too.

2 Responses to “Barcelona”

  1. Barcelona Apartments 13. Mar, 2007 at 5:33 pm #

    Nice photos.
    Yes, Barcelona is a great city, because
    I live there… 🙂
    You’d better come back in July, the summer time is more exciting here.

  2. Mallorca Info 12. Mar, 2011 at 4:23 am #

    Some really nice stuff on this site, I enjoy it.

Leave a Reply