BootsnAll Travel Network



The final approach – 6 days

Ok, here I go, there’s now only 6 days until I’m off and so far I’ve had such a terrible week! every minute of every day seems like a lifetime, seriously! why isn’t there a way for humans to hibernate for a week or so every now and again? If bears can do it then surely we humans, at the top of the food chain can devise a way to do this 🙂
Today, I got paid for the last time until I come back and get a new job so I’ve been hitting the stores in a frenzy and buying anything I think I may need while I’m away… and then returning them a few hours later after deep contemplation as to whether I really need this expensive “hyper-fast drying towel”, or the gigantic “mosquito net”.
Impulsive buying will only cause a strain on my travel budget which I just can’t have right now… even so, It’s surprising how much the total adds up when buying the essentials like travel insurance, bus tickets to the airport etc.
I’ve decided to extend my trek by 4 weeks taking it to 10 weeks in total, I had a feeling that I’d regret it if I only went for 6 weeks, so I decided against fooling around with the “regret risk” there’s just no point, the last thing I want is to look back and wish I stayed longer.
I’ve had a flurry of excited emails today from Phoenix who is still in Uganda, she was saying how excited she will be to see me and how fast time is going for her… lucky her! Lol.
But after about 8 months of waiting, I can take comfort in the fact that I’m almost there.
It feels a bit strange really, and to be honest, for the first time I’m feeling quite nervous, I’m sure I can handle just about anything thrown at me in Africa, It’s more the “so whats going to go wrong next before I leave” that’s making me nervous, from the very first moment that I decided to go on this trek, things have gone wrong, sometimes horribly wrong, sometimes only slightly wrong… and a whole mix of circumstances that were both, occasionally my fault, and just plain bad luck, C’est la vie I guess.
I guess there’s no use complaining so right now, I’ll just get back to planning my trip.
Over and out!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *