BootsnAll Travel Network



We’re here at last-Managua y Granada

We arrived in Managua on Wednesday evening and spent three nights there at Joe Sinclair’s (Microsoft) in-laws bed and breakfast.  In Managua we were able to extend our ‘visa’ to six months which should cut down on our need to renew while we’re here.  Since we know about as much Spanish as a 1 year old, the experience at the immigration office was trying on both sides.  Noone spoke English but we muddled through both the conversations and an 8×14″ form.  Good thing the administrator had a bottle of white-out to undo all of our mistakes. Our taxi driver tried to help us but he also spoke only Spanish and mime only goes so far to explain fields on government forms.  On our last day, Joe’s mother-in-law was kind enough to drive us around Managua so we got some local perspective. 

We are currently in Granada.  We spent one night at our home-stay (Justin – shocking but they didn’t lock us in the basement yet).  We have Wi-fi access at a couple of cafes.  The internet cafes are about $1.25/hour without wi-fi.  They actually have Office 2003 on them – not sure if legal or not.  We are going to the beach today with our family – The Gomez’s.  Tomorrow we start our much needed Spanish classes. 

We’re also really excited because we found a great set of couples with whom to have a Hearts’ tournament. (just kidding Sara and Dan).



Tags:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.