BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving Chumphon

Me with some great new friends!

Well, it’s been nearly a week and a half since I arrived here in Chumphon, which seems like along time in a quite little town like this. I never planned on staying here, but the people that I’ve had the good fortune to run across have kept me wanting to stay longer. They are some of the most genuinely nicest people I’ve ever met, thier english is minimal and my thai is BAD..lol, but somehow we manage to communicate and have a great time together.

I’ll post some photos on my Yahoo photos and send them out to everyone. You’ll notice some pictures of me with my new Thai friends. We got together two separate nights and had a Thai style BBQ, very nice and great food!! I’m trying a lot of foods that I never thought I would before! All in all, having a great time. It will be tough leaving this place, just so many nice people!

My diving experience was kind of a let down. I spent two days in the pool and classroom learning theory. I felt comfortable and all was going well. On Thursday we took the dive boat out to the nearest island, about an hour off shore. On the first open water dive, we dove to about 10 meters, I was cool, but having a problem equalizing my ears. Finally got equalized and when I got to the bottom, I don’t know why, but I just started hyper ventilating and my heart was racing! We surfaced and took a break then went back down. The same thing happened! So, I gave up for the day and just snorkeled the remainder of the day. That’s it for now, maybe I will try with a different instructor later. I was talking with some other instructors and they mentioned that my dive instructor was wrong in not having any kind of line to descend with, I guess that’s the proper way for the first dive.

Heading to Phuket tomorrow for some more beach scene and nightlife. It should be good! Then I head to the Philippines April 5!! Take care.



Tags:

46 responses to “Leaving Chumphon”

  1. honda of hollywoof says:

    uwe says to call him and he will call you back. where are the pictures?????

    where’s fernie, wheres frank, wheres the key, wheres the ro???

  2. Mavrick says:

    Image Comic Review – Severed #7! | Hollywood Updates Online … Go here to see the original: Austin Connection Movie Review – This Means War Posted in Unietegorczad Tags: closing-film, comic, comic-review, film, hollywood, hollywood

  3. It looks to me that this web site doesnt load up on a Motorola Droid. Are other people getting the same issue? I like this site and dont want to have to skip it whenever Im away from my computer.

  4. Looks like you had a GREAT weekend! (and glad to know I'm not the only one who loves crafting– your necklace looks so pretty!!) I LOVE people watching– making up stories about random strangers is always so much fun 😉

  5. I love this guy-Paul Weston for PM!I also agree with him that us anti-Islamists need to take power and then deal with the Islamists and their fascist leftist supporters as they should be.I'm an East Indian atheist and support the EDL along with the Mr Weston and his party.

  6. “Selfish individuals who chase the dollar and have no scruples” pretty much sums up Israeli culture vis-a-vis the settler enterprise. How many hospitals did Israel attack in Gaza? How many nukes does Israel have? Who is the real threat that needs to be sanctioned and contained, lest more civilians die in international waters from violent hijack raids out of Tel Aviv?

  7. Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

  8. — 06/25/2012, 00:59 Le jeu vidéo X, on dirait que c’est pas pour demain tant les principaux leaders du marché ont peur de s’y coller. Mais il suffirait d’un bon gros succès pour lancer la machine…

  9. Do you have more great articles like this one?

  10. Nice wound, Mica. You look like one tough runner!Ack I'm so jealous that you're tapering – I'm just starting to pick up my mileage! Is there a scientific explanation for why tapering makes people feel crappy? I always wondered about this. Shouldn't my legs be feeling amazing with all the rest they're getting?

  11. I was shocked to read you and your wife split up, but I’m glad it was only physically split up!Thanks for the year of fantastic comics.Andrew, Previous Blender Winner, D.

  12. tra tutte mi ha colpito soprattutto lo stile di Fash n chips, farò una visita al suo blog per avere altre ispirazioni! buon fine settimana ! sissy

  13. Its still surprise me, how lots of people have no idea about Acnezilax Secrets (do a search on google), despite the fact that a lot of people get great result with this natural acne remedy. Thanks to my work buddy who told me about Acnezilax Secrets, I have totally cure my acne naturally, and finally live a better life

  14. You have the monopoly on useful information-aren’t monopolies illegal? 😉

  15. okay ! Si ça ne t’embête pas, je te poserai peut-être quelques questions au cours de l’année pour étayer mon mémoire avec un témoignage. Tu auras même droit à ton nom dans la page des remerciements !

  16. I’m thrilled to have come across your blog on the web. I have been working as a hobbiest with my partner for 6 months now. I know in my heart that we can make a business out of what we do. Your blog, tutorials and webinar have been lighting the path for me. Thank you do much. I don’t seem to be enough to explain the gradtitude I feel.

  17. Your posting really straightened me out. Thanks!

  18. I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last handful of posts are really good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend.

  19. Anthropia, bonjour..;en parlant de vvieux film, hier, j’ai regardé « French Cancan »….un régal de kitsch, mais aussi de quelque chose d’indéfinissable, une sorte de distance des acteurs par rapport à l’histoire. Gabin et Clay excellents. Clay dans le genre matuvu. Quelques acteurs consternants, dont l’amant furieux et le prince éconduit. Quelque chose de tartissime et en même temps de profondément attachant. BàVCe soir , je me fais « Butch Cassidy et Billy The Kid »….

  20. I love reading these articles because they’re short but informative.

  21. So cute that you took the pictures in your closet! That jumble sale looked great … What a beautiful old room it was held in. We don't have such sales here (or if we do, I don't know about them). Looks like fun for sure and you got some terrific things. I love the preserve jar.

  22. heyThats an interesting shot of the dargah… whats this place called???Amazing pic of the lady.. we realised people are more than wiling to pose.. there was this kid, abt 4yrs old who posed n was smiling n standing still… 🙂

  23. Salut Andreas,so spät im Jahr waren wir noch nicht in der Camargue. Im September und wahrscheinlich auch im Juni sind wir auch wieder dabei. Die Vogua Monstra ist in der Zeit 02.06 bis 05.06 und Fête locale vom 10.09 bis 18.09. Aber als “Camargue-Profi” bist Du bestimmt schon darüber informiert. Ich überlege,ob ich mir nicht das Taureaux Bild aus dem Photoshop gönnen soll. Ich finde es faszinierend und der Urlaub ist nicht mehr ganz so weit weg…Jusque-là,Stephanie

  24. Esta gente se supera, cada día se inventan una más gorda.Ahora sacan lo del arzobispo,… ¿pero quién os va a tomar en serio a vosotros? Repásate toda la prensa de Salamanca de aquella época y luego me dices que pintaba en todo aquello el arzobispo.

  25. I saw these for sale in Asda the other day and nearly died laughing. The ‘siamese’ one is just wrong. I can understand if you’re a student or old person and can’t afford to have the heating on or something, but just put a jumper on instead??.-= Laura´s last blog .. =-.

  26. Légaliser signifierait un contrôle de l’Etat sur la teneur en THC, ce qui serait tout de même très bien.J’étais ado en 68, et il n’y avait pas beaucoup de fumeurs et fumer du shit s’accompagnait d’une philosophie.Actuellement je vois parfois des jeunes ados fumer avant d’aller en classe et s’installer sur leur chaise comme sur un transat…Et je sais que le THC est tellement élevé que cela provoque des effets incontrôlables sur le psychisme, ce qui provoque chez certaines personnes un début d’accoutumance.

  27. baba mashallah in pesare shoma kheili karesh doroste, mage alefba ro ham be tartib balade?pesare manam 2 saleshe vali yadesh nadadam alefba ro, va albate fekr nemikardam too in sen yad begiran be in khoobi?kheili vaght borde ta yad gerefte? ya aslan chetori yad gerefte?esfand dood konin man cheshm nakonam khodaye nakarde:)

  28. Hey, you’re the goto expert. Thanks for hanging out here.

  29. Unparalleled accuracy, unequivocal clarity, and undeniable importance!

  30. Other than the first in the Fallen Angels series by JR Ward, I haven’t gotten into any other series listed here. Yes, they are on my wishlist, but *sniff* I’m a sad panda. I love the name of the “naked werewolf series”. Gotsta get that!

  31. We still can not quite believe I could be one of those reading through the important ideas found on your blog. My family and I are really thankful for your generosity and for giving me the chance to pursue my own chosen career path. Many thanks for the important information I acquired from your website.

  32. I’m a weird hybrid of scriptwriter and computer programmer, and there is certainly some kind of truth in this. Interestingly different programmers exhibit a different ‘voice’ in how they write their code, just like scriptwriters.Actually, it’s not *that* interesting, but it gets a laugh at parties.Would you advise writers to create a diagram of their script *before* the first draft, though…?

  33. Me and this article, sitting in a tree, L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G!

  34. You make things so clear. Thanks for taking the time!

  35. I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

  36. Phenomenal breakdown of the topic, you should write for me too!

  37. พูดว่า:Hi, I just hopped over to your website through StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would typically read, but I appreciated your views none the less. Thank you for creating something worthy of browsing.

  38. Fantastic goods from you, man. am i pgnerant quiz when can you get pgnerant how pgnerant am i I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too magnificent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful am i pgnerant quiz when can you get pgnerant how pgnerant am i informations.

  39. Un nouveau lait fraise avant janvier ?! Mais c´est une super nouvelle ! Je me précipite chez DPAM, me jette sur le premier Lait Fraise que je vois, le cache préciseusement ds un de mes sacs, attends le soir pour le déballer tranquillement une fois les enfants couchés et… deception ! C´est le 1ier Lait Fraise qu´il leur restait !!!!!! Je ne l´ai pas remarqué ds ma précipitation et du coup je n´ai pas eu le 2ieme !!!!!! :(J´ai vraiment hate de le lire en tous cas ! 🙂

  40. Well,I am using this software for US market. I like this software for its simplicity and wide varieties of features provided by this software.The software’s scanning feature is really easy to use and better than commerical products like Metastocks.I am able to install this software within 5 minutes and best part is I do’t have to configure and worry for data.Data is automatically downloaded everyday which is really a good part of software.The programming language support by this software is little different but has all features which I am looking for

  41. That picture is BEAUTIFUL, and the venue is fantastic. I was at the concert on Friday night, and I had an absolute blast, it was SO much fun. Thank you so much for coming to New York and doing this concert!

  42. Thanks, Rojeanne. We have been so busy with house guests today I haven’t had much time to sit and think about it. My cousin Lise and her family are with us so it’s been a good day.

Leave a Reply