BootsnAll Travel Network



Where in the world am I going?

So, the top questions I get about my trip are:
Where are you going?
Where in Europe are you going?
Where´s your first stop?

First and foremost, I´m going everywhere but Europe. Don´t get me wrong, Europe is great and all, but the goal of this trip is to get as far from Western civilization as possible. Europe is pretty easily accessible, and I can go there whenever I do so desire to be somewhere similar to home without actually being there.

First stop, Cancun, Mexico. Yeah, yeah, laugh. Then check your geography. It´s the perfect entry point to Central America, which is where I´ll be for the next 6-8 weeks. Other countries here:
Belize
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Costa Rica

As of now, I have a flight from San Jose, Costa Rica, to Sao Paulo, Brazil on November 9th, making South America my new home.

In South America:
Brazil, up the east coast to Belem, where I´ll start a journey down (up) the Amazon, all the way into Peru.
Peru – Macchu Picchu being the big draw here (and I´m not sure I spelled that correctly).
I might actually stay in Peru for a while to work or teach English, or something to extend my trip and do the whole cultural immersion thing. Then, down to…
Bolivia
Chile
Argentina (mmm…wine country)
And then maybe into Urugauay and/or Paraguay on my way up to Sao Paulo.

Next new home – Africa. I fly to Johannesburg, South Africa on March 23rd (this will likely change). In Africa:
South Africa
Namibia
Botswana
Zambia
Tanzania
Kenya
Madagascar
Not necessarily in that order…and there could be some others, like Malawi, Mozambique, maybe Lesotho or Swaziland…who knows. The trip gets fuzzier and fuzzier the further out we go.

Next stop – India.
Then a little down to Southeast Asia, and eventually AUSTRALIA.

Jill´s got the TaniaTrcker up at her house – check it out if you go there. I Sharpie´d in whatI wrote above, and she´ll track where I´ve made it and such. Jilly – mark me down for Cancun, baby, ´cause I made it!!!

Tags: ,



4 Responses to “Where in the world am I going?”

  1. Kelly Says:

    did you purchase an around-the-world ticket from a carrier, or did you just book some single flights along the way? let me know. i’m definitely interesting in doing a smiliar trip sometime soon. thanks!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. dannyboy Says:

    shes winging it — she got 3 tickets and from there she doesnt know

    i could NOT do it.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Jill Says:

    One push pin down and god knows how many more to go!!!

    LIVE IT UP TANIA!!!!

    SPRING BREAK!!!

    : )

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. mama & papa ski Says:

    We found ya!
    I’m onto Jill’s 2dots and the bracket. sideways smile…right?
    Keep smiling honey. 🙂 !!!!!!!

    I found the hostel”s picture on line. The one with the mud roof. cool.

    love, ma & pa ski !!!!!did you think i was gonna say kettle?

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. Mr. Daniel O'Connor Says:

    Tania,

    Cancun!!!!!!! Getting away as far as you can from Western Civilization?

    Are you getting crunked with all the 17 year old white trash American’s that are totally going to come home with the coolest tan and “authentic” dread braids to show their classmates?

    Have fun. . be safe!

    Dannnnnnnnnnnnn

  10. Posted from United States United States
  11. Tania Says:

    Hey y’all

    If you’re interested in how I got my plane tickets, check out http://www.airtreks.com. That’s where I got them, not one of those round the world things…

    Peace and love from Playa del Carmen (es muy bella).

    Tania

  12. Posted from Mexico Mexico

Leave a Reply