BootsnAll Travel Network



A few public service announcements

A BIG SHOUT OUT

As the first matter of business, I would like to send a personal shout out to two ladies I don’t even know – Pam Laraia and Donna Riccio. These two ladies work occasionally with my stepfather and learned of my travels through probably your typical water cooler conversation. Anyway, he told them about my blog and apparently they’ve become big fans…who would have thought!? I just wanted to thank you both, Pam and Donna, for the kind words and inspiration on the card sent to Lee and my mom; your donation to the Tania Travel Fund was an amazing, generous surprise; it takes a very kind heart to reach out like that. Let it be known that you are funding my hotel tonight…it’s a little bit of a splurge after sleeping 4 nights in a hammock and having the ceiling dripping on me while sitting on the toilet. In this place, I have a bed, the ceiling seems to be well sealed, and it even has a pool! Big up, ladies!

If you, too, have a kind heart and would like to donate to the Tania Travel Fund, checks or money orders (no cash please) can be sent to my personal banker (Hi Mom). Send me an email at tania423@hotmail.com, because I can imagine some donations being “lost in the mail” for posting her home address on the world wide web.

SLACKER

Today is January 16. Looking back at the blog, it looks like I got it up through Christmas. Pretty weak. I know there are some loyal fans out there, checking the page…has she updated it yet? No…And then the next day. No. Then maybe you wait three days, thinking, well, she’s out in the middle of nowhere…do they have internet in the jungle? Some of you might start getting a little nervous. Is she dead? I knew she wouldn’t make it. Most likely, you’re probably at work, killing time, avoiding what you should really be doing, looking for some sort of break from the mundane, boring, thoughtless task at hand, disappointed that one of your outlets has failed you again. Whatever the reason, I apologize. I’ve either been running around, and then tired at the end of the day, or lazing around all day in places where internet access is too expensive to sit for a while and write. A few times, neither of those excuses holds, but perhaps I just wasn’t in the mood, which can make all the difference.

I can’t promise any more than this today, as I was up at 4am and by 5 I was riding in a pickup truck over sand dunes with another 30 some people (seriously, I have never seen so many people in/on a pickup truck) and am rather tired at this point. However, I do plan on getting some stuff up here in the next week or so before hitting the AMAZON! Stay tuned.

PHOTOS

To keep you slightly entertained, I have gotten some recent photos up, which, hopefully you know by now, can be accessed from the link on the right screaming out to you about my photos on Shutterfly. If not, welcome to the link.

There are a ridiculous amount of photos from New Years, mostly of a lot of people you don’t know, or me with a lot of people you don’t know, but have a look, and imagine the festive time we had together. There are 150 pictures there, and I did not have the patience to sort out the bad ones on New Years Day, so you’ll just have to look at some bad ones, too.

There are also some photos I tried to take with an underwater camera while I was scuba diving. They’re not all that great, but some of them are pretty cool. Finally, I have gotten pictures up from Brazil, and will have lots more soon.

Hope that keeps you guys busy for a while. I know I’ve been. Word up.

Tags: ,



No Responses to “A few public service announcements”

  1. mama&daddyski Says:

    From Tania’s “personal banker” a big “Thank You” to the sweet people who read our wonderful daughter’s journals.
    It was good to hear she had a nice bed to sleep in.
    Enjoy,like we do,many more exciting tales,on this wonderful website.Receiving a reply,We imagine,must be fun and heart warming for her.
    So in closing, We remind you to “keep sending those cards and letters!”

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply