BootsnAll Travel Network



Up and Atom

It’s Monday afternoon in Mobberly and I’m finally getting down to business with this travel blog.

After a rough 14 hours of travel both Lisa and I were very thankful to escape the hip hugging, back twisting, neck bobbing seats of our half empty Boeing 767. Two lessons learned form the flight. Firstly, if there’s an empty row in front and an empty row in rear, be sure to claim them immediatly after the seat belt light is turned off. Be quick! If you don’t somebody will, and it may be a frizzy haired Londoner who lies prone for 8 hours snoring and farting all the way. Secondly, if you have the option, order the Kosher meal. Proof of Jewishness is not required, so you can leave the skull cap at home. Your reward will be a individually prepared dish of hidden delights, double the size of the ordinary assembly line plates your fellow passengers receive. In my case, Herbed Chicken Breast on a bed of fluffy Pilaf, complimented by a spicy blend of Coucous, Raisens and Taragon, followed by double chocolate brownie, all washed down with cold OJ. Yum!

Other then the food, not a lot of positive things to say about the flight, but I guess that’s the way of it. You’re pinned in an uncomfortable chair for hours on end, fitfully attempting to snooze but always getting bumped or jostled by annoyingly smiley staff and groggy old ladies. Than just when you think you’ve made it, Captain Bill Snow comes over the PA to report that heavy fog in Manchester has diverted your flight to Glasgow where you’ll sit on the tarmac for 3 hours in the hopes the sun will break through. Picture 500 people groaning in unison for an idea of the situation.
Our delay killed any mometum that was left, and it wasn’t til we caught sight of Judy and Pete that the adventure was back on. Judy is her tanned, fit and elegant self, happy to see us after a long time apart. Pete on the other hand is not in his most presentable state (I know some of you are questioning whether such a state exists). His right eye is a purple swollen mess. It looked like he’d been running his mouth off in a pub and pissed off a United fan, but in reality he’d just tripped over a dog bone and fallen headlong into an antique church pew. Though he’s a thick skull, that battle was won by the solid oak pew.

So we are now sitting comfortably in the living room of Parkside Cottage. Jetlag is a thing of the past after a much needed 14 hours of sack time, interupted only once by a 4am biscuit intermission. Tonight we’ll head to town for a pint and some grub at the Brewer’s Fayre. Before we leave, it’s essential that any shoes, bags or other personal affects are elevated above ankle height. If not, they risk becoming new chew toys for wee Jack or Jamie, who took a liking to one of dad’s shoes and left him with one extraordinary looking sandal.

Right, I’m off. Lisa sends her love to all friends & family back home. Likewise from dad and myself. More to come in days ahead but I’ll let you all know when I’ve posted something new. Feel free to comment, though don’t expect any special souvenirs as a reward.



Tags:

2 Responses to “Up and Atom”

  1. Correne Says:

    Well I am glad you two made it safe and sound :} Glad you have lots to say and keep it up I wanna know everything. Keep writting and I will talk to you soon.

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. jai Says:

    GO LIVERPOOL GO!!! like im not going too give u a smartass remark..PFFF!lolanyway good too all is good and have fun.

    oh try to avoid the deep fried food;deep fried mars bars r a killer.

    jai

  4. Posted from Canada Canada
  5. Kel and Sandra Says:

    Hi Graeme and Lisa,
    Hey is this Blog thing broken or what? I only see two posts. I thought this was going to be a daily event.

    🙂 🙂

    Mom and Dad

  6. Posted from Canada Canada
  7. admin Says:

    What happened to the Munich entry ?????
    Take care,
    Luv & hugs from Auntry Jude xxxxx

  8. Correne Says:

    What are you guys up to I have not heard anything in so long Graeme get to it will ya :}

  9. Posted from Canada Canada
  10. KIM Says:

    hi guys! i just sitting here at work reading the blog and it is really making me wish i wasn’t here. lisa it is deter’s last race on sat nite you will be missed oh and you didn’t miss any other good races randy didn’t do good this season. have a nice warm pint of guiness for me. HAVE FUN

  11. Posted from Canada Canada
  12. Darrell, Nancy and Kendra Says:

    How much blogging can you possibly do on a warm beer bender? If we don’t hear from these guys soon call the detox center. Look like this pair needs a designated blogger.

    Uncle D

  13. Posted from Canada Canada
  14. Kirsten Says:

    Hey you two! We just went out for Sean’s Bday dinner and I needed to come home and let you know how much you are being missed. Family dinner is just not the same without you. I can only imagine the turmoil that is going to be caused by the absence of your presence at Christmas. My poor mother! Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you, and look forward to reading the next installment of your travels!
    Kisses,
    Kirsten

  15. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply