BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in the real world

that’s very strange to say this, but the paradise place named chintsa has suddently become hard reality now. after beeing away for 10 days, this is my home i had to return to and my job, the kids in school and 10 new vollies were waiting for me. it was nice coming back and to see my buccs family again. but it’s no longer all perfect…
after i have been on the road again, i realise how many nice places i could go and see and how annoying all these vollies can be. i just can’t get over the type of person we get on this project. in this group we have about five 18 year olds- they are many here to party. how sad is that?
the munch crisps in front of hungry children and kiss in the classroom…how weird is this? or maybe call it ignorant.
anyways…my trip was hypersuperfantastic. i had a brilliant time with my steffis. cape town felt like home and i met a lot of people from last time. swaziland just simply rocked. the festival i went to is called bushfire and it was a cultural and musical experience of a kind. loved it. will post some pictures as soon as i find time. i find myself sitting at my desk and drifting back to swaziland in my thoughts quite often…how i love that kingdom of chillness!
on the trip there were a lot of people working in backpackers around the wild coast and i met so many wonderful people. got loads of invitations and i will try to go and visit all these people on weekends.

the steffis farewell will take place this weekend. today was their last day in school. the kids sang for them and wrote a letter and we were all crying tears. hen/if i leave this place, i am going to be a wreck after saying bye to the schools…it’s too much to take, honestly.

monday i have got another appointment at the dermatologist to find out what the f**k is going on with me…excuse my language but it’s quite annoying. i am fed up! the disease comes back as soon as i finish my antibiotics.

i am sorry i am very lazy about emailing at present. don’t take it personally, nobody has been getting replies :).
will post my pics soon so watch this space!

miss you all!



Tags:

0 responses to “Back in the real world”

  1. Mike says:

    Hi Sonja,Ur having a great time as far as I can read. I really enjoy ur stories about SA. Except for the fact that I start missing the place as soon as I’m done reading. I’m really happy that ur having so much fun and about ur liking ur job. Me, I’m enjoying Dublin so much as well… Also doing the festival thing:)So have a great time and hope to hear from you soon.xxx Mike (Holland/ireland)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *